Sunday, February 26, 2017

Districts!

On the 25th was the Districts competition for cheerleading. This is the competition that determines if you will make it to the State cheerleading competition. Leading up to this day was a lot of hard work and practices. Their are 4 categories to compete in, Show, Sideline, Pom and Stunt and Meridian High was entered to compete in all four. Kenedy was a part of all minus the stunt group which involved only 5 of the cheerleaders. 
Avynlea came with me and we had a lot of fun watching all of the performances. Kenedy's friend Wilson showed up but was only able to stay for one of her routines as well as one of Kenedy's young women's leader, Sister Pollock. She told me a couple of days later that she was only able to stay for the sideline performance and she video taped it and showed it to their Laurels class. I love the support that Kenedy has gotten from her Young Women leaders in our new ward, they have been so good to her.
I loved watching Kenedy and I love seeing how much she shines when she is cheering. After the competition she was telling me that before they went on for their first performance they had a team prayer led by Kenedy. I thought that was so neat and love how good of an example she is to her teammates. 

Lana sent me a text a couple of days later with a picture of Kenedy cheering that her husband found on the KTVB website. I love this picture and think Kenedy looks so pretty!
Kefford came for the pom performance and he stayed till the end and through awards. I am glad he showed up and it meant a lot to Kenedy to have him there. Meridian Warriors made it to State in all 4 categories which was so exciting!