Saturday, February 20, 2016

Valentines Weekend

Valentines day was a little crazy this year. Alison took Kenedy and Avy home with her for the weekend for their birthdays after the cheer competition, so they were gone for Valentines day. Luckily I had enough candy to make their Valentines before they left and was able to give them in a bag along with treats from Grandma Bonnie to Alison so she could give them to them on Valentines Day. Because Valentines Day was on a Sunday Kefford and I went out to dinner Saturday night. Catching Fire part two was finally in the cheap theater and I told Kefford I wanted to go and see it that night. We got tickets for the 7:10 show and then went over to Outback for dinner. I figured it would not be so busy because people would wait to go out the next day for Valentines day. I was wrong. It was really busy and we were waiting and getting nervous about making it to the theater in time for our show. We were debating just leaving and going to grab some fast food somewhere when finally our names were called. We were still a little unsure what to do, if we should stay or go. When our waitress found out our dilemma she told us no problem she could get us in and out and she did. She was awesome and got our orders and our food so fast. We ate a lovely dinner and then made it in time to watch the movie.

 After the movie I told Kefford we needed to stop at a store and get some more candy so I could make Ryker and Rylee's Valentines. I needed rolos to make a cute Valentine idea I saw on Pinterest but the two stores we went to did not have what I needed. I called it quits after that because I was tired and just wanted to go home so I grabbed some chips to go with a different idea for the two R's.
Ryker and Rylee each got a bag of chips that said "you're all that and a bag of chips because..." and then on another heart I wrote a reason that I loved them. They were simple, cute and heartfelt and the two of them really liked them.

While Kefford and I were out on our Love Date I left my phone with Ryker in case of emergency. I found a couple of photos I did not take when I got home.

The bag was a Valentine from Alison, the chips from me and the loose candy from Grandma Bonnie. All of my kids felt the love this year!

Avy and Kenedy got rolos packaged up to look like a bomb with a tag that said, "You're the bomb because..." and on the back a reason that I loved them. Another simple, cute and heartfelt idea. They did not get their Valentine from Alison until they got back because she left them at our house.

I made our traditional heart shaped meatloaf dinner for the four of us that were home on the 14th. I did not have any red food coloring so I could not dye anything pink. Such a disappointment. I also did not think to take pictures, booo. I was making a cake to turn it into a heart shape for dessert but after I baked it I realized I messed up and made two rounds instead of a round and a square. I could not make a heart easily with two rounds so I stacked them, frosted them and then decorated with conversation hearts. Done and done