Thursday, February 18, 2016

Idaho State Capital Building Field Trip

On Thursday I got to go with Avynlea on her field trip to Idaho's Sate Capital Building. Her class was split up into two groups with one going in the morning and the other going after lunch. Luckily Avy was going with the morning group, I would not have been able to go if she was going with the other group since I teach a dance class at 1. Her friend Hallie was also going in the morning and that was fun for the two of them to be able to be with each other.

This door was originally a safe where they kept all the States important documents, marriage certificates, land deeds, birth certificates. But once they remodeled and now that everything is digital these rooms are now used as offices but they kept the door safes because its cool and also for the sake of history.
An original elevator that is no longer in use
The guide had the kids lay down on the floor to be able to look to the top of the capital building. 


We went into Governor Otters Ceremonial office.



We got to listen in on the House of Representatives do a presentation for each other on President Abraham Lincoln. Basically it was different Representatives getting up and reading Lincoln quotes or telling stories on his life. It was interesting and done because of Presidents day.





After the class picture everyone was getting on the bus and since I did not think the other class had arrived yet I held Avy back so we could get a picture together. After the picture she got on the bus and I stopped to thank our guide and chat for a couple of seconds. I was super embarrassed when I finally got on the bus and saw that everyone was already there and they were waiting on me. Oops
Some of the kids were taking pictures of Mr Ceniga while on the bus and he was making funny faces for al of them. I got the great idea that we should use one of the pictures to make Avy's valentines for her class party. Avy was too embarrassed to do it on her own so we recruited Hallie to see if she would want to do it with Avy. She thought that was a great idea and even took the picture of him with my phone. I asked Brit if she could design something for me and she did it fast and perfectly. I am really impressed with her skills and need her to teach me how to do cool editing. The girls loved the way they turned out and were really excited to give them to their class. 

What a fun field trip and I am so glad I was able to go with Avynlea!