Friday, February 19, 2016

Treasure Valley Invitational Cheer Competition

Last Saturday was Kenedy's one and only cheer competition. This year they had a Varsity and a JV competition team and Kenedy made the JV team. This means they don't go to Districts or State or Nationals. She was Ok with that because it also meant she could do the school play which she would not have had time for otherwise. It all works out. The JV team has been working hard to get ready for this competition with lots of early morning, 5am, practices and saturday morning practices. 

Avynlea wanted to go to the competition with me and she wanted her two best friends to go also. Rose we picked up on our way to the school and then Hallie was dropped off by her Mom a  little later and met us there.
JV won first place in their division and category which sounds really great until you realize they were the only JV team competing. I thought they did a good job. Kenedy especially was really great and I always love watching her perform. Kefford came to watch since Kenedy asked him to and got there in time for their performance and then left right after. Alison also came along with Trista and her boyfriend Austin. 
After the competition was over we waited for Kenedy so we could take some pictures and while Kenedy and I were getting our picture together an older guy walked by, touched her on the arm and said good job. Kenedy started squealing and saying that was the older guy that her and Shelby have been crushing on and how jealous Shelby was going to be that he touched her. I thought the guy was funny looking and laughing at Kenedy and Trista took this picture of us as this was happening


Trista, Kenedy, Avynlea and Grandma Alison
I really appreciate all of the support and love that comes from Keffords Mom for my kids. She always tries her hardest to be at any of my kids events that she can get to. I know my Mom would do the same thing if she could be here and also the rest of my family.
Hallie, Avynlea, Kenedy and Rose
I found a link online to pictures from the competition on the KTVB website. I could not figure out how to copy and paste them into my files so I had to just take a picture of the two I found.