Sunday, February 7, 2016

Family Fun

On Sunday Avynlea wore her "Belle" dress to church and I did her hair up in a sock bun and put in the Belle clip that Brit made for me. She looked so cute!
During FHE on Monday night Kefford decided we needed to do a family pyramid. I have been having back issues and I used that as my excuse for why I was not going to participate. I was really happy to have an excuse because I was not keen on the idea. Keford has strange ideas sometimes. Kenedy was not loving the idea either but had to go along with it because she is a kid and has to do what she is told. Ha! The pill hid under her blanket the entire time. They were not able to pull off a perfect looking pyramid but did good enough to satisfy Keffords need for a family Pyramid.

Isn't it fun when kids take your phone and snap strange photos of themselves.
For Avynleas most recent book project they had to read a biography and then write a report on that person. They had to turn the report into a 5 minute speech and give that report to the class while dressed up as that person. Avynlea chose Annie Oakley and spent a lot of time writing about her life. We really didn't have any cowgirl clothes for Avynlea to wear and so she borrowed a hat, a pair of boots and a scarf from her friend Halley to wear for the presentation. Avynlea looked so cute dressed up the day of her presentation. After school I asked her how it went and she said she felt she did really well. She said she was pretty nervous and had shaking hands but that everyone in the class had the case of the shaking hands while they were presenting and most shook more then hers. She was very well prepared for her speech and I was really proud and impressed with all of her hard work. I never had to get after her to work on it and she showed great time management skills. She gave the borrowed items back to her friend at the end of the day and told me she included a thank you note in the bag. I was so happy to hear that she did that without being told. What a great kid with really great friends!
In most of my dance classes I have at some time or another observed kids picking their noses and eating what they find inside. I get pretty grossed out and tell them to get a tissue or get their finger out of their noses. One little girl takes it to another level with her nose picking skills. This kids tongue is so long she can stick it up her nose and she does it a lot. I have to tell her multiple times during class to get her tongue out of her nose. I finally had to get a picture of her doing it so I could show my family. I don't think that she does it to dig out and eat boogers, at least I really hope that is not the case. I choose to believe it is just her habit like the kids who constantly lick their upper or lower lips. 

Not to long ago I mentioned to Avynlea that she needed to start learning how to do her own hair because she is almost a middle school kid and probably should be doing it herself. She decided that was a good idea and has been trying to do her own hair for the past week or so. I was not quite so ready for her to take on this project so fast and am now trying to tell her to slow it down a little and that I should still do her hair. I like doing it and,  apparently, despite what I said don't feel ready to give this up. When I did her hair in the sock bun on Sunday I told her this was a hairstyle easy enough for her to learn and do on her own. This morning she told me she was doing her own hair and proceeded to do a really pretty sock bun. I sure am proud of this girl. I asked Rylee if she wanted Avy to do her hair and she said yes, so under my supervision Avynlea tried doing a twist into a ponytail on Rylee. I thought she did a pretty good job for a beginner and feel that practicing on others helps us get better.