Sunday, January 25, 2015

First Cheer Competition!!

Kenedy had her first cheer competition on Saturday. Trista and Avynlea came with me to watch, support and cheer her on. Their squad competition teams were divided into four groups, Sideline, stunt, pom and show, with the girls being in 2 of the groups each. Kenedy is in pom and stunt. Only Pom and Sideline were competing today, the coaches did not feel that the other ones were ready. I got a picture of the girls right before they went on and I thought they did fabulous. I loved watching their pom performance. They did it to a song called "Bazooka Zooka Bubblegum" and it was so cute and fun. I especially loved the bright pink pom poms. The only other group to perform from our squad was Sideline and they were amazing to watch as well. The Sideline placed first and the Pom did not place at all. I was really surprised they didn't place because I thought they did such a great job. They did get the judges papers and so they can go over them and see what they need to do better next time. Kenedy had a lot of fun and I have to admit to getting teary eyed as I watched her. I love seeing my kids blossoming and finding things they are passionate about. Life sure is great!

Group shot of the squad. Kenedy is on the right at the end