Monday, October 28, 2013

Back to School

The start of another school year. This year the stakes are much higher for me because this is the first year in 13 years that I will not have a kid home with me during the day. I miss my kids during the day but it is nice to have some me time and to be able to get things done that I need to get done.  It is a good break but I am always happy to have them come home and to hear about their day.
Ryker (5th grade), Avynlea (3rd grade) and Rylee (1st grade)
Luckily all of the kids love their teachers and I anticipate this will be a happy year of learning and growing.






The younger kids are at the elementary school and are on a modified calendar so they started school at the beginning of August. Kenedy at the middle school follows the traditional calendar and so she had a couple of weeks alone time at home with Mom before she started school at the end of August.

Finally it was time for Kenedy to start her last year of Middle School. I cannot believe that next year she will be in high school! She is really excited to be an eighth grader and looked really pretty for her first day.