Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Avynlea turns 8!

Avynlea turned 8 years old on Sat February 2. I decided to do her birthday party that morning because I did not have any better time to do it and also my Mom and Sister were in town so I could use their help. Avynlea invited friends from school, dance, church and our street. We had a monkey themed party since Avy has always been my little monkey and it was a big hit. Kefford and Ryker decorated the front room and kitchen with green crepe paper to look like vines and Breana cut out a ton of leaves so I could make a tree. Of course we had to have balloons and I made monkey ear headbands with a flower clip on them for all the guests to wear. As kids were arriving and we were handing out the headbands I noticed that I was short a bunch. I started to panic and then Emily came in from the other room where all the guys were congregated with a handful. She went and plucked them off all of the guys heads. Funny Boys.
 
Kenedy brought down her ipod dock and had the kids playing freeze dance.



I put together a monkey cupcake kit and had the kids decorate their own monkey cupcakes for later.

























Then it was time for pin the monkey to the tree. The goal was to get the monkeys by the bananas. Breana made the leaves, Emily put the tree together and Mom made the bananas. It was a team effort!











Cake time!








Last we had the opening of the presents.
Alyssa (from school)
Kyla and Taylor (neighbors)
Isabelle (cousin)

Macie (from school)
Morgan (from school)
Presley (from church)
Rylee (from school)
Rylee was feeling left out that she did not have a present for Avynlea so I let her give Avy the present that Joshua sent her.

Sarissa (from School)
Sydney (from dance)
 
It was a successful party and after it was all over I was reminded on why I only do this on certain ages. Throwing a party is hard work! I am glad I had my Mom and Emily there to help me out!!