Friday, August 10, 2012

Rexburg Tripping

The Boise Temple is still in renovations and the twin Falls Temple was closed for cleaning so Kefford and I took a quick overnight trip to the Rexburg Temple and to see my super cute Niece Breana. Unfortunately we did not get any pictures of Breana. Man we were lame, now I know Breana is fine with that because she hates having her picture taken but I could have and should have gotten at least one with her in it. I am a bad Aunt.
Nonetheless, moving on, when we got to Rexburg as soon as we were coming off the freeway we could see the Temple. It was crazy how you could see it from any point in town. Kefford and I have not been to Rexburg since Ryker was almost two, about 12 or so years and so we were amazed by how much it has changed. So we checked into our Hotel room, changed into our dressy clothes and headed off to do a session in the temple. It is a beautiful temple and I am so jealous of all the college kids who can go and do Baptisms and be around and see this beautiful temple all the time, they are so lucky! So we did our session and then walked around the Temple and took pictures!
Who is that beautiful model that got caught in the picture?
Oh it's me! Hehehehe
A view of Rexburg and the BYU-I campus from the Temple grounds.
After the Temple we changed and headed out to see Breana. I mentioned to Kefford as we were leaving the Temple and heading back to our Hotel room on the other side of town that it would have been funny if Breanas apartment was right next to the Temple. Sure enough when she texted me where she was it was the apartment buildings right next to the Temple. Hahaha. So we picked her up and decided we were going to go see the movie "Brave" and get some food. We decided on the showing that was starting in about 20 minutes so we really did not have time to eat. But I was starving and did not want to wait so we bought our tickets and then went to the Cafe Rio right across the parking lot from the theater and got our food. We ordered it to go and somehow were able to walk right into the theater with our big bag a of food! Nobody was around to pay attention or even care. Nice for us, dinner and a movie!
After the movie Breana took us around the campus so we could see all of the changes and boy were there a lot of changes. I really did not recognize much of the old Ricks College. Kind of made me sad but change is inevitable so I got over it, kind of. ;O)
I tried getting my picture taken in front of this cool water fountain rock area but right when I got on the rock the sprinklers turned on...not cool.
Of course I had to go to the Kirkham building, my old dance haunting grounds. So much of my time was spent in the building. It hadn't changed too much just the front lobby was different. Gone were the couches that I would sleep on between my two hour break dance classes.
But the auditorium where I took tap and clogging was the same so Kefford took my picture on the stage for me.

We had a lot of fun visiting Breana and seeing Rexburg again. We are hoping that we can make another trip down there again sometime sooner then 12 years.