Monday, August 6, 2012

Emmett Cherry Festival

I don't know if I have ever posted a picture of my cool shoes but here they are. Kefford helped me design them myself online and I love them. I wanted shoes that were bright and girlie and that is exactly what I got. WooHoo!!
So the Emmett Cherry Festival was coming up and Kefford and Kelsy were busy with work and with getting a parade float ready. Brit and I found out about a 2 mile fun run and we decided it would be fun to do it. I have decided that I kind of enjoy running and i was excited to do a little race, gotta start out small ya know.
I told Brit we needed to wear matching shirts and that they really should be Peterson Orthodontics shirts, nothing like free advertising from two cute girls!
So on our way to the run we figured out that Brit and I got our wires crossed. I thought she registered both of us and she thought we were registering ourselves. Needless to say I was not registered. Luckily it was only five bucks extra unluckily they did not have enough hats. Not cool at all! I kind of hung around the registration booth and when I heard one lady say to the other that a couple of registered racers were not coming I quickly jumped in and asked if I could have their hat. So yay I got a hat! It may sound silly but I paid my dues and I wanted a fun hat to show that I was and had been a part of things. Once I put that hat on I felt like part of the cool club!

Kefford and Kelsey took a couple of minutes away from their float designing to cheer us on at the end and take some pictures. Thank you Kefford!!
Here I am trying to cool down.
It was only a two mile run but I am pretty dang proud of myself especially coming from someone who never thought she could do one mile let alone two. It was tough and Brit and I ran our hardest. I was not paying attention to the time at the end but someone was saying it was about 17 minutes which I think is awesome! That means I was running alot faster then I do on the treadmill and it makes since as to why I felt like I was dying at the end!
I am definitely going to be going more races and who knows what I can accomplish, this is only the beginning!!!
The race was in the morning and after a long day of watching kids and cutting strawberries for the freezer it was finally time to take the kids to the parade. Kefford and Kelsey set our chairs up for us so all we had to do was show up. We got there settled in and the parade started, lucky us!
The Peterson Orthodontics float looked good and while most people handed out cheapo candy PO handed out mini water bottles, definitely much needed on this hot day! Kefford drove Uncle Alans pickup, Kelsey handed out Balloons Kenedy and Ryker got to help hand out the water!
Good day!