Thursday, October 13, 2011

Twin Falls Temple Trip

With the Boise Temple out of commission the next closest Temple for us to go to is the Twin Falls Temple, about 2-2 1/2 hours away. No that close but could be worse. With the start of the school year and my now super busy schedule I don't have a whole lot of time to be making this 5 hour drive. But there was a gap between the kids starting school and me teaching dance where I had a day to get to the Temple. My friend and neighbor Elaine wanted to go with me  which made it a more fun not boring drive...she is a talker :O)
So I got all the older kids off to school made arrangements for Rylee, dropped her off at pre-school and around 9:00 we headed out. I drove because Elaine's car does not had air conditioning and I did not want to have that kind of a trip. No thank you. So I drove, she talked and it was not too bad of a drive. I didn't kill us if anyone was wondering. I did not have time to do a session because I needed to be back before the kids got out of school so we did inititories, Five names each and we were out of there. It seems so weird to drive for 5 hours for a half hour time slot but together we did ten names whereas if we did a session we would have only done two names so that's all good...right? I think so and my opinion is the one that matters. Before we left I had Elaine take my picture on front of the Twin Falls Temple since it was my first time there. It is another really beautiful Temple and I loved experiencing it for the first time!