Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Singing in the Rain

My kids are always complaining on rainy days that they do not have umbrellas. They always want to use mine and the one time I let one of my kids use it, it ended up broken, of course. So today, in honor of the rain and in a gesture of goodwill and nicety I bought everyone their own umbrella. When I picked Rylee up from preschool I carried her umbrella to the door. Oh boy was she ever so excited to see that umbrella. After lunch and TV time Rylee came up to me and requested the two of us to go on a walk. I laughed and reminded her that it was cold and rainy and why would we go on a walk. She gave me the duh look and then I remembered the brand new umbrellas. Of course! So we bundled up, grabbed our umbrellas and walked to the corner. On our way I remembered I left my camera at home so I told Rylee to wait outside the house while I went in and grabbed it. When I came out I found her dancing and singing in the rain. It was adorable.


All of my kids love the movie "Singing in the Rain" and you can bet your buttons that was what little Miss Rylee was singing to!

I think she loves her new umbrella!