Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Memorial Day weekend in McCall



The monday before Memorial Day weekend I realized that it was almost Memorial Day Weekend. So I called up Kefford at work to find out if he had Monday off and once he confirmed that he did I told him we should see if the Cabin in McCall was available for use. So Kefford called up his family and upon finding out it was not going to be in use that weekend requested it for us. So Friday I picked the kids up a little bit early from school and off we went. On a side note Avynlea and Rylee both fell asleep about 10:30ish and I was contemplating whether I should wake her up and send her to school or not. She would only have been in school for about an hour before I would pull all the kids out of school and so I decided to have her stay home.Once she woke up I told her she was just going to stay home and she was fine with that but she really wanted to go to school to give her teacher a hug goodbye. I didn't let her do that but I thought it was sweet of her.
McCall was pretty rainy that weekend but we did find a nice bit of sunshine on Saturday to go hiking.

Ryker showed off how much fun it was to climb the little hills


My cute kiddos. Kefford brought up Rykers BB Gun and let him carry it around on our hike. It made me a little nervous because he was not the most careful while carrying the gun. But luckily nobody got hurt.
Rylee found a little frog that she picked up to show everyone. Once everyone was done looking I told her she needed to put it back down so that it could go back to living in the dirt. Avynlea then said that she could take care of it because her hands were already dirty. Avynlea is such a smart and silly girl!
Dirty Hands!
Kefford helped Rylee take a couple of shots with the gun.

She did pretty good with it.
Then Kefford had Rylee point out the pile of Elk Droppings. Gross but luckily her hand did not touch any of it.