Friday, July 29, 2011

Meridian Dairy Days Parade

Also happening on the last day of school was the annual Meridian dairy days parade! My friend Candice called and told me that a print shop had advertised coming in and getting free Dairy days t-shirts before the parade started, normally they throw them out to the parade watchers and it is not a guarantee to get one, so I took the kids and went to get some shirts. The only size they had was adult large and only those who came in got to leave with a shirt, so that meant no shirt for Kefford...too bad. Kenedy had one of her friends call her from Linder Elementary asking her to walk in the parade with her for Autism awareness. Kenedy quickly agreed and we were told to just cut out holes in a white pillowcase and put cow spots on it with "Autism Awareness" on the back. I did not have any spare pillowcases lying around that I was wanting to cut up and I did not want to go and buy a brand new one to cut up so I went the the local goodwill and bought a used one for $.99. I felt very clever and thrifty when I thought of that. So Kenedy got picked up by her friends, I fed us all dinner at home because I was not in the mood to cart and carry and we were off to the parade.

I almost missed Kenedy as she was passing by. I kept looking for her and waiting for her to appear and then suddenly there she was. She looked super cute in her pillowcase and it looked like she was having lots of fun. In the picture with her is her good friend Lauryn Warner.
The three kiddos watching the parade had great seats and were able to collect lots of candy, string cheese and chocolate milk. No ice-cream was handed out this year..:o(
just a little note to all the Moms out there who might find themselves stuck watching parades with their kids...I have found and perfected the secret to getting parade swag. The trick is to be a girl first and foremost. Girls get way more swag then boys. All you have to do is look the people in the eye and smile, that's it, maybe wave your arm around a little, but really that is it. It is so simple and it works every single time...swear it! Oh and if you have a baby, keep that baby in your arms and people with be rushing and fighting to hand stuff directly to you..no kidding. I got a t-shirt, food, spray cleaners, water bottles just by using my simple tricks. Yup being a girl is GREAT!