Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First day of School



Ryker and Avynlea started school on August 22. Ryker is now a third grader and my little Avynlea goes to all day school now as a big first grader. I know have three kids in all day school!
 Kefford gave all the kids fathers blessings the night before and they went to bed ready and super excited about the first day of school.
After school I met them at the bus stop and asked how everything went and they both had a great day and are in love with their new grades and really like their teachers. Both of them ended up with lots of friends from the previous year in their classes. Ryker commented on how third grade is so easy, he said it felt like they were in first grade with how easy everything was. I know that will change but I am glad he had a great day!



Rylee was feeling a little left out with everyone getting new clothes but her. So after the kids left for school I took her and Kenedy to the mall for a little shopping. We found a couple shirts for Rylee that were super cute ad some new jeans. She found a skirt that went with one of the shirts and she really wanted it. I thought it was a bit overpriced for what it was and so I told Rylee no on that skirt but that as soon as we were done I would take her to Costco because they have fun skirts that were cheaper there. She did not like that idea and started crying and saying how much she wanted that skirt. I said no way and if she did not stop crying by the time I counted to five she was getting nothing. It took right up to the last count but she did it and off we went. Sure enough at Costco we found two skirts that went with her new shirts perfectly. they were cheaper, they were fuller, prettier skirts and they came with matching leggings. Rylee was so happy and hopefully learned a little lesson about Mommy knowing best. :o)
Here she is on her first official day of Pre-school wearing one of her new outfits.



I tired to get her to be more sassy with her poses but this poor girl is so camera shy,
I have no idea where she got her camera posing skills from. ;o)

And finally on August 30th Kenedy started middles school. She is now a sixth grader and very excited to be doing different things.
I had a crazy morning this morning so let me get this all written down so that it can be remembered. Kefford woke Kenedy up at 6:20ish and in doing so Ryker woke up. Ryker decided to go around and wake everyone up which was not appreciated. He is such a stinker! It was crazy but Kenedy managed to get showered and dressed and ready in time to leave and her and I were out the door by 7:20. I think school starts at 7:40. So we drove to school, parked and I walked in with her. I was planning on just dropping her off but other Moms were telling me they were going in with their kids. I asked Kenedy what she wanted me to do and after thinking about it she said to go in with her, so in we went. I didn't think she needed to go to her locker first so I walked her to her homeroom said goodbye and turned to look at all the bedlam that was going on around me. Kids and parents everywhere! It was a zoo, seriously! Right about when I was getting ready to head out Kenedy came out of her classroom and said she had to put her backpack in her locker. What?! Her locker is in a different building so we fast footed it to her locker and got her binder out and put the backpack in the locker. Apparently kids are not allowed to carry around the backpacks during school. Nobody told me this before hand so we were feeling really rushed and I personally was starting to feel overwhelmed with all the craziness going on. Got that done and I finally left the school. I got in my car and started driving away when I passed a police car parked by the side of the road. I am a kind person so I waved as I drove by. Then I saw him pull out, turn his lights on and yep I got pulled over. I was going 35 in a 20 mph school zone. Under normal circumstances I know the speed limit and I do follow I was just frazzled and overwhelmed with all that had happened already that morning and I neglected to pay attention. Of course I did not have my licence or the proof of insurance on the car. So I gave him my name and birthdate and he went to check my record. When he came back as soon as he opened his mouth I started to cry, so emotional,  he told me that he was not going to site me for anything that I just needed to be more careful. He was so nice and I am sure he understood my morning because I told him I was dropping of my sixth grader. This was my first time being pulled over since Kenedy was a baby and once he saw that I had a clean record he must have been willing to give me a second chance. I am still ticket free thank goodness!
So yeah my morning was all over the place. Hopefully we start getting used to this schedule and things will get better.
I have to say though it is nice to have 3 out of 4 kids in all day school! :o)