Sunday, July 10, 2011

Kenedy and Ryker Perform

Another year of piano lessons had to come to an end. With that end comes the end of year piano recital! This time around Kenedys teacher, Darcie Dille, told Kenedy to go to the music store and pick out some music that she wanted to learn and perform. Kenedy told me that she wanted to do a song from Pirates of the Caribbean and so one day while she was in school I went to get her music. Of course the store did not have any of the Pirates sheet music, in her level, in stock. She needed to start practicing her music right away in order to be ready for her recital so I looked at the selections they did have. When I saw Taylor Swifts "Love Story" in her level I knew she would love it. So I bought the music and brought it home to Kenedy. She was super excited about the song selection and worked really hard to learn her song. At the recital Kenedy did a perfect job. She looked really pretty and played the song beautifully.
I am really proud of her for how well she has been learning the piano and I am excited for her to have this skill in her life.
Ryker was also given the opportunity to select his own song for the recital. Ryker though, had to pick a song from the book he has been working in. Ryker has almost completed his book this year and instead of choosing one of the harder songs in the back of the book, Ryker chose "Jack and the Beanstalk" from the front of the book. Now although I would have rather him do something a little more difficult I understand his choice because this is a song that he really enjoyed playing. At the recital Ryker also did a really good job and I am happy that he is willing to learn how to play the piano although it is not without a lot of fights. :o/
He will thank me when he is older for sure!
The sad thing about this recital is it is Darcie's last year of teaching piano. She is our Relief Society president and with her boys all in school, one going into High School, she has a need to be more available for her family. I get it, I don't like it, but I get it. She was a great teacher and the kids really liked her so we will miss her a lot. Hopefully we can find someone else just as good for a good price. :o)