Monday, February 21, 2011

SURPRISE!!!

Avynlea mentioned to me about a month before her birthday that she wanted a surprise birthday party. She said it only one time but the idea stuck in my head and I decided that is what she was going to get. Whenever we talked about when to do her party I would be really vague about it and say maybe we would do it after Valentines Day. A couple of times I even mentioned that maybe we should skip the party this year, all done to throw the birthday girl off track.
I planned her party to be Saturday February 5th. That morning I told Kefford he needed to take Avynlea out of the house and an hour before the party was to start they were on their way. As soon as they walked out the door and the garage door closed I hauled out decorations and we all got to work. Balloons, crepe paper, hearts every where, it was a valentines theme we had going on and it all looked so cute.
I could not figure out who to invite for her party and when I asked her she was pretty vague about it. I knew we were going to do some church friends because she plays with them a lot but I did not know who to invite from her class and how to go about doing it. When I would ask her what school friends she wanted at her party she was never sure and always named different kids. Finally I asked her who she played with at school and it was always Daniel her best friend. Whenever I ask her who she plays with at recess she always says Daniel. Daniel is in her church class also and so I decided to limit this party to church friends and her two cousins who live close. Makes it loads easier cause I did not want to deal with a ton of kids.
Once all of the guests arrived we had to wait for Avynlea to come home.
When she walked in the door we all yelled surprise and she kind of just stood there with a silly grin and waved at everyone. It was really cute. I think she was a little overwhelmed but she got over it pretty quick and was ready to have some fun!
I did not plan any games, what was I thinking, and so I had to think of things quick off the top of my head. First up was a rousing game of Duck, Duck, Goose. But instead we called it Happy, Happy, Birthday.
After the kids tired of that we had a fun freeze dance contest and then all of the kids crowded around the table to do a craft. We found a cute ladybug clothespin craft on clearance at JoAnns and so I bought it for the kids to make a fun craft and of course to fill time. The kids really liked it and luckily I had Brit there with another glue gun cause it would have been no good to only have me do the gluing.
After the fun craft I pulled out cupcakes, frosting and decorations so the kids could make their own cupcakes. Before the party I had Kenedy put names on plates with a cupcake and then I put dollops of frosting on their plates with a Popsicle stick. This made it very easy and kept the cooties contained to each individual person. :o)
Make a wish!
and BLOW!!
After asking all throughout the party we finally let Avynlea open her presents. She got some pretty great things from her friends and she was very happy!
Presley Berger
Emily Naratko
Trevor Howell
(Trevor and Avynlea used to play together alot until he moved out of the ward this last summer. We have not seen a whole lot of him and so I completely forgot to invite him to the party. I woke up at 6:00 in the morning stressed because I for got all about Trevor. Luckily when I called at 9:00 he was available and happy to come. Phew!)
Qiana Peterson
Daniel Blackburn
Lindsay Nicholes

Once all of the presents were opened we broke out the Wii and put in Just Dance. We only could use 4 controllers and so we had the kids trade off every other dance. I encouraged them to dance even if they did not have a controller and most of them did. It was so cute seeing these kids dancing around. Love it!
Once all of the kids were picked up I asked Avynlea how she liked her party and she said she LOVED it. She was so surprised and really had a lot of fun!
SUCCESS!!!
I took pictures throughout the week of Avynlea wearing her new clothes and so here are some pictures of my styling cutie

Brielle Peterson
(This picture did not get added until at the end, obviously, I tried to drag it up with the others but was having a hard time and so it got left here at the bottom. But Brielle was there and we were so happy to have her there. :o)
Avynlea got some birthday money and so we took her to Target to spend it and after looking through everything she finally decided on this cool thing. It is a Barbie Fashion Design Studio and with it you can design and color your own Barbie fashions. She loves it and has been very happy with her new toy.

Avynlea's Favorites:
food: pineapple
color: dark pink
candy: gum
tv show: iCarly
movie: Aladdin
toy: Barbies
friend: Daniel Blackburn
thing about Kindergarten: Miss Clements her teacher
book: CareBears
thing to do: play with Rylee
church song: Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam
radio song: you belong with me by taylor swift
place to go: the snowshack

5 things I love about Avynlea:
1) Avynlea plays really well with Rylee and is usually the peacemaker when there is a problem. If Rylee wants something that Avynlea has and is throwing a fit Avy will usually let her have it. She is a sweetie.

2) I love when she cuddles up to me and lays her head right by my heart. She has told me that that is her favorite spot and I love when she lays her head right there because I know she is happy and content.

3) Avynlea always gives me a kiss and a hug right before she gets on the bus to go to school. It makes me happy.

4) She is kind to her friends and likes to play and have fun. She is a bit of a tomboy which is a little obvious by who her best friend is but I think it is cute. She can be really rough and tumble but knows how to be girlie also. She is a perfect mix of roughness and girliness.

5) I love her smile and her laugh. When she gets a big grin on her face and her dimples show, it looks like sunshine. She has a funky laugh which I love to hear. I really love this kid a whole lot!