Monday, November 9, 2009

They say it's your birthday!

Yesterday we celebrated my 31st birthday and Rykers 7th birthday. Here is the rundown on what went on.
Ryker was very anxious about opening his presents from the moment he got out of bed. He would not stop talking about them, so we let him open one present that his Aunt Erin sent him!

The greedy little thing really wanted his present!

What is it?

A cool Star Wars book, he was very excited about it!

birthday girl and birthday boy!

Love this little guy!

finally after church and after we ate dunch we were able to open our presents! I was showing Ryker his baby scrapbook when I was forced to stop and start looking at the cute cards my kids made for me!

Ryker got candy and money from Grandma Bonnie. He was thrilled with the money and annouced that this cash was for sure going to go into his wallet!




I got Ryker a marshmallow shooter and here I am showing him how to use it. He was impressed at first but wasn't that thrilled with it..oh well..maybe I will keep it and use it on him!

Kenedy got me my favorite candy bar..a peanut butter twix, oh how delicious!

And I got a cute little orange Ipod that I have named scallywag. Yeah you have to have a name for it and that was the name I chose. I have been wanting one for a while and was really excited to finally get it and try it out!
*little side note* I need somebody to come and give me a tutorial on how to use this. It is confusing me and when I tried to use it at the gym this morning I couldn't figure out how to adjust the vloume so there I was running with earbuds in my ears listening to a whole lotta nothing. BOO! But I bet I looked cute anyway! :0)

In this picture he just opened a little airplane thingie. He was giving really great looks while opening presents. Serously not staged at all!

Rylee just watching the festivities!

Ryker got a clone wars game for the WII and was very excited and surprised about it!

I was happy to get a gift card to Nike to get me some new workout clothes. The last ones I bought were cheapo and shrunk up 4-5 inches the first time I washed them. LAME!

We told Ryker that since he got to pick the cake last year I got to pick what kind I wanted this year. Boy was he surprised when we pulled him out his own little oreo cake! Kefford called him from the store to find out in a tricky way what kind he would want here is the conversation.
Kefford: I want to make your Mom a cake what kind should I get her, vanilla, chocolate or oreo?
Ryker: get her chocolate
Kefford: really? thats what she would want?
Ryker: yeah.
Kefford: is that the kind you would want?
Ryker: No I would pick oreo but she would like chocolate.
Isnt he a sweetie?! So of course we got him the oreo!


Happy 7th Birthday Ryker!

I picked strawberry shortcake for my birthday cake and had Kefford make it into a trifle. He did good and it tasted yummy!
Ryker and I got lots of happy birthday phone calls and texts and my good friend Candice stopped by with some yummy sugar cookies for me, my favorite, along woth her husband and her daughter Courtney one of my cute Beehives. Oh and speaking of..in Young Womens they were doing the announcements and when it came time for birthdays they said no birthdays this week..WHAT? My beehives all did a collective gasp and looking over at me began to protest, I signaled that it was fine but when we seperated into classes they all sang to me, it was really sweet and I sure do love my girls!
My vising teachers came over with treats and a gift, thanks girls, and I got cards from my sister Erin and my Mom with some spending money..WooHoo!
We sure did feel the love and really had a great birthday day!