Monday, November 2, 2009

Harvesting your Talents

I hate to say it but this year our Ward Halloween Party was a BIG disappointment. Instead of doing the usual trunk-or-treat with all the cute kids dressed in cute costumes, somebody on the activities committee thought it would be a good idea to have a Harvesting your Talents party. No costumes and no trunk-or-treat. Just bring what talents you have and want to showcase and that's that. To be fair they did have some activities for the kids but to not let the kids dress in costume was not cool. I was really mad right before because I thought it would be OK to let the kids dress up and so I did and we were ready but then Kefford called a member of the bishopric to ask if we could and he said that they specifically said no costumes! Yeah so I was ticked but I managed to shake the bad mood so that we could go and try to have fun.

Kenedy has turned into a little baker in our house and i let her bake some cupcakes and a cake from scratch to showcase at the party as her talent. They must have been good because some people snitched a couple of her cupcakes from the display. I had to make a sign that said "Please don't eat the Display". Even then I saw some kids looking mighty tempted as they gazed at her handiwork!
The party turned out to be an OK party and I was impressed with all the different talented people we have in our ward...but next time can we please wear costumes..please!