Saturday, November 7, 2009

Schoolless Days!

On Thursday and Friday the kids did not have school due to parent teacher conferences..I know right...dread those days! I had to meet with the kids teachers on Thursday morning so I left them with strict instructions to get their jobs done and behave! I was gone for about 45 minutes and when I returned I was expecting a little bit of chaos and lots of fighting. But what I found was this...




My four kids decided to play school and had set up the front room into their own little school room. Can you believe they played like this happy and with no fighting for a good couple of hours!? It was very impressive. Kenedy was the teacher, of course, and she did a good job of assigning tasks to the kids and they did a good job of listening to and obeying their teacher.

Ryker wanted to show me one of his "assignments"

It kinda made me laugh! :0)

Oh and parent teacher conferences went GREAT! Kenedys teacher kept telling me not to get a big head because of how wonderful Kenedy is. You know what...she is a GREAT kid. She is super smart, straight A's, and she is very kind to all of the other kids. She looks out for those who might be getting picked on and really takes them under her wing. She is AWESOME! Ryker is doing really great to in first grade and his teacher had nothing but compliments about him. He is at or above grade level in all the subjects and works really hard! I am very proud of my two students!