Friday, July 10, 2009

ice skating

Before I start in on our ice skating adventures I would like to share a quick little story. At the water park and in the kiddie area they have two teeter-totters for the kids to play on. Avynlea and Rylee wanted to go on them so I stood behind Rylee and helped her go up and down while Avynlea managed the other end. Well Avynlea must have wanted to move on to something else becasue all of a sudden she jumped off her end of the totter which caused Rylee's end to come crashing down....right onto my foot! I thought for sure it was broken it hurt soooo bad.

Thankfully it did not break but it bruised itself up pretty good. Watch out for those teeter totters, they are dangerous!

For Mutual on Wednesday night we took the young women ice-skating. Since Breana is here visiting I got to take her with me.

Of course you need to wear socks while ice-skating and so Bre and I decided to be festive and wear some of my Halloween socks!

Getting ready to go skate on the ice!

I just love my cute beehives. Courtney was very gun shy about skating and she hugged the wall the entire time. Megan being such a sweetie stuck by her friend and slowly went around the rink with her. Every once in a while Megan would skate out on her own but for the most part these girls stuck together! Love them!!

I was trying to do a classic ice-skating pose for the picture but I was very nervous about falling. Here my feet were starting to slide out from under me so I had to put my hands down on the ice to get some balance. But I did not fall, nope not once..Yay!

Do I look like a professional? Ha, maybe next time! :)

Cute girl Breana doing her ice-skaters pose. Breana did fall, about three times, but it's OK lots of people did, only not me :) he he he!
It was pretty cold, of course, in the rink but we had fun gliding around. We were definitely ready to go though, when it was time, back out into the warm sunshine