Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sister Peterson Week 7

Dracula's Holy Mansion

Hey everyone! 

I hope everyone's week was amazing! A lot of fun things happened this week here at the MTC. Except bad news: I am sick again. Like are you kidding me. But luckily I have an amazing district who has been feeding me with medicine and lots of vitamins. On the road to a healthy happy missionary!

On Tuesday my district had the opportunity to go to the Provo City Center temple and it was amazing! The coolest temple I have been to. The inside looks like it would be Dracula's mansion if he was a holy man. Even the exit signs matched the vibe and I loved it so much. A beautiful building and the grounds were beautiful too. If you ever have the opportunity to at least walk around it, I highly recommend!

For our Tuesday devotional (it was a great tuesday), we were lucky to have Elder Dale G Renlund of the Quorum of the 12 talk to us and he did amazing. Talked on temple covenants AGAIN. I swear that was the theme of general conference too and it has me thinking. Obviously the time Christ comes to the Earth is getting closer and our leaders are trying to prepare us in every way possible. One being the importance of temple covenants that bind and yoke us with Jesus Christ's will. 

I have been reminded, told, and know that these next 18 months are going to go by so quickly. I mean I am past half way of my time at the MTC and I really do not know where all the weeks went. Obviously I want to make the most of my time here. Leave it all on the field is what I have been telling myself. I want to work so hard and I want to make my Heavenly Father so proud, so the way I am going to do that is to leave it all on the field. This doesn't only apply to my mission but everyday life too, don't you want to look back on your life and be able to feel like you "left it all on the field" with everything you did? I sure do. Just something to think about! :)

The Sistrict is going strong and better than ever. You can hear our giggles and squeals from a mile away. The other day in the cafeteria one of our sisters got a package and we are all squealing for her when an elder came up to us. Once he saw what we were screaming about he looked very confused and said "I thought someone got a reassignment or something" HA nope! We just get excited about little things and can only express it in our girly screams. The name of the sistrict is being well represented, don't ever worry!!

A scripture I am going to leave you with is Jacob 3:2 
"O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever."
Aka GOD LOVES YOU! Take advantage of that news and let it sink in. Everything he has to offer is good. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

<3 Peterson しまい

also, I GOT MY VISA!! So basically when I am done at the MTC I get to go straight to Japan WOOPWOOP

Pictures...
I accidentally dressed up as Shrek. 
You very quickly learn how to fall asleep sitting up at the mtc 
We got a selfie with Uchtdorf!!

jk but we thought it was Uchtdorf for a split second. hehe