Saturday, April 13, 2024

Sister Peterson Week 6

Hi everyone again! 
The weather here has been so good! You will never believe it but I got sunburnt again, Sorry mom I forgot to use the sunscreen you sent hehe.

Being able to watch general conference here was so cool, I didn't even fall asleep!! I loved all the talks and have loved even more being able to go back and read them. A way that I have loved rereading them is printing them off and writing all over them aka annotating them! I have felt the spirit so much and have been able to apply it better to my life doing it that way, I highly recommend doing it that way! 
Life here at the MTC has been SO fun! Honestly the first 2 weeks were hard just getting adjusted, but now that I've got my routine down it's been good. We have made so many new friends and it's good seeing faces I recognize around here! 

Elder Gaynor (elder that used to be in our district who was very good at Japanese) left on Friday! He got reassigned to Salem Oregon while he wants for his visa and when he told us that I go "LOOK OUT FOR THE WITCH TRIALS"  I got laughed at and I was confused for a minute then I realized that the witch trials did NOT happen in Oregon. Anyways we will miss him and wish him lots of luck!

My brain feels like it's going to explode any minute now with all the Japanese I am learning but so far it has been okay. Me and Sister Merrill had our first helping others (a lesson with fake investigator) IN 100% JAPANESE!! It was rough and spent half of it flipping through my notebook looking for things to say haha but overall it was alright. Still praying very hard for the gift of tongues woooop

Something that I got out of one of the conference talks I annotated is to trust in God. I am about to quote myself haha but I take no credit. This came straight from the spirit because He knew I needed it. Okay.. "trust in God. Dont stress, let His plan slowly unfold as life goes on. Be strong in prayer and do what you know YOU need to and can control! If there is nothing you can do about it, there is nothing to stress about! God's got it!!" I hope that helps someone because I know it will help me as my life goes on! 
I love you all and don't forget God does too! He knows you personally and cares so much about you so don't forget to show Him you care too! Give a little prayer, it's the least you can do! Have an amazing week!!

<3 Peterson しまい