Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Ryker starts College at Utah State

On Friday Kefford and I went with Ryker to Utah State to help him move in. Ryker was taking Kefford's pickup which is now his so I rode with him while Kefford drove the Traverse. We got there pretty late at night and we just unloaded Ryker's stuff and then left him to get himself situated. He is rooming with Ethan Paulson his first trainer on his mission who was already there. After Kefford and I left we got some food and then checked into our hotel. The next morning we went back and with Ryker walked around campus and a little bit and found the student store where I got a Utah State shirt. After that we went to Walmart-Mart to get groceries for Ryker and then we stopped at the thrift store to get him a pot and knife. Once the errands were complete we went to the creamery where I got some ice-cream and Kefford got some Root Beer flavored milk. Once that was done we took Ryker back to his dorm and said goodbye. 
 
I wanted a picture with Ryker before I left and Kefford took one and done. I didn't look at it until later and was very displeased with the face Ryker was making. He assumed his dad would take a few pictures and made a face for the only one Kefford took, not cool

On Tuesday Ryker started school and he sent me a first day of school picture. Later he called me to tell me how it went and he was making himself a chicken quesadilla. He was pretty proud of it and sent me a picture of it. I will miss having Ryker around but am glad that he is happy at school and so far doing pretty good. I guess it helps being a returned missionary as he is used to living on his own and being independent.