Sunday, April 9, 2023

Easter Sunday


While we were in Utah visiting Kenedy's classroom we saw a lot of cereal boxes lined up on a shelf. The school was doing a cereal food drive and each class were collecting cereal for the drive. Avynlea and Rylee saw amongst the boxes Cinnamon Toast Crunch mini and Trix mini. they thought that was so fun that the cereals were extra small. I was able to find the cereal on amazon and I ordered them each a box of mini cereal, who doesn't like tiny things?! I gave them the cereal with their Easter baskets. They also got other fun stuff in their basket but not a lot of candy. I have found that my kids only like some candy and even that they don't eat a lot of. I usually find candy they haven't eaten months later and it gets thrown out.  Kefford got an easter basket but he didn't get his picture taken. I was surprised to find a basket for me and was pretty excited by the Nike Jordans that were waiting in the basket for me. They are a teal and purple and look like Ariel colors which is fun, I love them!


We went to Nyssa for church because Mikell and Steve were in town blessing Baby Emily. They were passing through on their way to Seattle for a minor Heart procedure for her. Because of the upcoming surgery they were very careful top keep her away from people and germs and left church right after her blessing. When we got to Alison and Bob's house I found Mikell downstairs nursing Baby Emily and I was able to visit with her while she was feeding the baby. I am glad I did because she and Steve left right after she was done in order to get away from germs and get on the road to Seattle. They left the rest of the kids at the Farm which was fun to spend more time with them. Luke has become a little more social and obsessed with the swing. He was having a hard time with his Dad leaving so I took him outside and pushed him on the swing as a distraction so his parents could leave. I spent quite a bit of time pushing him and other littles who came outside and enjoyed talking and playing with my nieces and nephews.
I had Kylie take a family photo of us and Rylee grabbed Luke so he could be in one of the pictures with us, he is pretty funny.


Alison did an egg hunt for the younger kids and I went outside and sat and visited with a group of them while they were sorting their candy. I always enjoy being with my nieces and nephews and I enjoy developing relationships with them. I think they kind of like me also. Brit took a picture of the group of us hanging out without me knowing and I was pleasantly surprised about it when she sent me the picture.

Bob and Alison have a growing chart on the wall in their kitchen and periodically will measure the kids to mark on the wall when they request it. I don't think Rylee requested to be measured but we all love how tall she is and wanted her to get another marking on the wall. I had to laugh watching Bob, Alison and Kefford try to figure out the best way to measure her to get the most accurate measurement. 

Kenedy had Easter with my family in Utah and she made the traditional bunny cake! I love how cute hers turned out and love that the next generation is carrying on our family traditions.

She also got an Easter family picture with Tyler and Alyssa.