Sunday, December 25, 2022

Elder Peterson Week 68

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


     I'd like to just leave it at that... but I suppose that would be boring. So, allow me to entertain. I guess.

     We caroled almost every night this past week with the other missionaries. There was usually about 8 of us (a couple times 10). We have only practiced Silent Night and that's the only song we can all effectively sing. So we sang that song. Many many times. I think I mentioned it last time, that I've gotten pretty good at the bass part (it's very simple). So I've got that going for me. 
      We also had our mission Christmas Conference on Thursday and it was really fun. Sister Larkin wanted us to perform the 12 days of Christmas thing during the talent show. I did not enjoy doing so, but at least I didn't have to do the dancing part, I only sang. I saw a lot of friends, so that was really fun. Elder Simpson performed and did amazing. He's just incredible at the piano and it's not fair.

     Elder Frogley got covid a couple days ago, so he's been hidden away. We decided to go carol to him (upon his request) and it was pretty funny. The weird thing is he feels fine. His companion has covid and his covid test came out positive, but he hasn't felt sick at all. Strange. Other missionaries are getting sick too, but it hasn't been anything like last year when almost everyone got covid. I'm glad I haven't gotten sick.

     Yesterday I found out that the Dick's Sporting Goods over here has a golfing simulator that anyone can swing on. So I stepped up. It was nice, I haven't gone golfing in a long time. I tried teaching Elder Colt how to hit with an iron and it was pretty funny. I don't know if you're familiar with the game Wii Sports, but his whiff sounds exactly like the one on there. I'm sure everyone's does, but he was whiffing a lot and the sound had me cracking up.

     Today we are at the church with other missionaries to play games and relax. It's the first Sunday in a long time where I've actually been able to do that. The ward has also brought us some really good food for lunch, so that was sweet.

     I've been trying really hard to remember the real meaning of Christmas, and it's doing a lot for me. I am so eternally grateful for Jesus Christ. Celebrating His birth (and everything else He did) has brought me so much joy. I'm grateful that He loved us and God enough to give His life for us. I love my family and my friends and I know it's because of Him that I find so much joy with them. I know Jesus Christ performed the Atonement for us out of love and perfect submission to Heavenly Father's will. I know that as we focus on what that means for us personally, we will be happier and the unnecessary stress that comes from the holiday season will be made lighter.

     I hope ya'll have a GREAT Christmas and a very happy New Year. 
 
"6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 6:9).

-Elder Peterson