Saturday, January 29, 2022

Districts Cheer Competition

 


For the District cheer competition I wanted to make a FatHead of Avynlea to wave around. I thought it would be fun if we had them for the entire team and I sent a message out to the Cheer Board to see if they would approve using some of the Cheer funds to pay for them. I researched and estimated that it would cost about $8 per cheerleader which I thought was not bad at all. I told them if approved I would take care of getting the supplies and making them. They gave me the go ahead and I let parents know that unless they sent me a different picture that I would use the pictures the cheerleaders had taken in the Fall. I started the process Tuesday night and was having a lot of issues with Resolution quality, it was stressing me out and I finally had to close my computer and go to bed  and deal with it in the morning.
Tuesday morning Rylee was saying the morning prayer for us and she asked if there was anything we wanted her to include in the pray. I told her to pray for my Mom who just had hip replacement surgery and then I said that the FatHeads have been stressing me out and I had a hard time sleeping the night before because I was stressed and so to pray for me to be able to get them done, that it will work out. So Rylee starts her pray and she blessed Grandma and then she says "Bless Mom and her FatHead that she will be able to sleep tonight". Hahaha, thanks Rylee :)
Her prayer worked and I was able to get the pictures uploaded and looking good and then I had them printed and I cut them all out and then attached them to foam core boards. I then cut them out again and attached them to a paint stick and I was done. They turned out so cute and I was super happy and excited!

The picture Natalie wanted me to use I was not able to blow up as big because the resolution was not as good so her head was a little but smaller then the others. It was funny seeing hers and Avynlea's together.

The Team competed in Sideline, Pom and Show, they placed 5th in Pom and made it to state with that routine but didn't place in the others. It was disappointing but not unexpected. They were only taught the Show routine two weeks ago and were not given enough time to really practice. Avynlea did great and performed well and stayed up in all her stunts and I am super proud of her. While I was waiting in line to get Avynlea a districts sweatshirt her coach saw me and came over to thank me for making the FatHeads, she said she really appreciated it and that she was going to give me a sponsors t-shirt as a thank you. I really appreciated her thanking me and felt appreciated.

Avynlea, Natalie, Paige and their Fatheads

Avynlea, Natalie, Paige and Allen