Thursday, August 26, 2021

First Day of School

First day of school and thank heavens it started out completely normal! Avynlea is a junior at Meridian High School and Rylee is a Freshman at the brand new Owyhee High School. It would have been ideal to have had them at the same school but Avynlea really wanted to finish High School at MHS with her friends and Rylee had to go to the new High School that we were zoned for. I am excited that they are able to be back at school and to get back into a routine. It should be a really great year!

Avynlea Jem 11th grade

Rylee Heather 9th grade

I found this quote when I was searching for a Harry Potter quote for my first day of school Instagram post and it really struck true to me. Time just does not slow down and I feel it more than ever this year, two kids graduated and two kids in High School, that escalated fast!

I created this tag and went around to all of the kids in my Sunday school class the night before to give them a muffin and wish them good luck at the start of this new school year. I did it in Owyhee school colors of red and gray and I am really proud as this is my first tag that I have created and I think it looks pretty cute. 
Paige posted this picture of her, Roree and Avynlea at school on their first day back and said that they tried to pose like Kindergartners. Her Mom, Amy, reposted it and I was laughing as I was reading the comments on Facebook that Paiges Dad and Grandma were leaving about Paige wearing a shirt that was too short. I screenshot the picture and added a little color to it to make her shirt a more modest length and I sent it to Amy for a laugh. She thought it was great and reposted it for Paige's Dad and Grandma. I thought I did a pretty great job, you can't even tell the difference between her shirt and the part I added.