Friday, April 16, 2021

Texas

A couple of months ago Kenedy told me that she was thinking about looking for a live in Nanny job. She wanted to earn more money, be able to save more money and since all of her classes are offered online she thought Spring and Summer semesters would be the perfect time to do it. After doing some research and looking into different families she found a job in San Antonio Texas with a family that had one little boy. She was really excited about going to Texas and seeing a new place, I was excited for her but the closer it got to the time she was leaving the more nervous I got. I was nervous about Texas being right next to Mexico and had visions of Kenedy being trafficked and taken across the border. I even worried that the family she was going to be working for were traffickers. I kept myself awake at night with my worrying and had so much stress. Kefford did find out where the Dad works, he is a pharmacist, and called him at work to have a chat. He said it was a good conversation and that he sounded like a nice guy. 
On March 29th Kefford, Avynlea and I drove Kenedy to the airport. I cried as I hugged her goodbye and she started crying and that made me cry even more. I think this drop-off was so much harder then when I dropped her off for her first semester of College. 
Kenedy was homesick her first couple of weeks in Texas. The boy she nannys is in school and so Kenedy did not have a lot to do during the day leaving her to be pretty bored. Since then she has gotten close with the family she nannys and she has met a friend at church so her phone calls home have been less and less. 
On April 16 she went out to explore a little bit of Texas with her new friend Emma. Kenedy got to see the Alamo and apparently it wasn't as impressive as it sounds. I am glad Kenedy has a friend and I am glad that she is enjoying her time in Texas. What an adventurous and brave person she is!