Saturday, November 21, 2020

Quarantine Week 36(Love Messages, Lutes' come to Idaho, Hair Doing, Height Difference, Avy takes her skills test, Cousin playtime)

On Monday Joshua and his family came to town for two weeks. I was really excited to have them around for that long, we haven't met their newest little darling Leona yet and couldn't wait for them to arrive.

Tuesday morning I left my kids at home doing their homeschool work an I went over to Joshua's to hang out and play with them for a couple of hours. While I was gone Rylee was messaging me with Avynlea's phone, she ended her message with I love you and I messaged her back I love you. Pretty soon I got a heart picture from Avynlea so I sent back an I love you in sign language.  

I went to the park with Joshua and the boys and Fredrick was cracking me up. He would run a few feet, trip over himself and fall down and then get up and repeat the process a ton more times, always without tears. He is one tough kid!

Rylee finally got to give Leona the little lamb she made for her and you can see by the picture that she loves it! Well she will love it, in a few months when she is more aware of her surroundings. 

Bekah asked me if I would do her hair for the play she is in. The High School was putting on the play "Emma" and one night she was in the ensemble and just needed some type of bun in her hair. I gave her a curly bun and it looked really cute. She said all of the other girls had normal do it yourself boring buns and that hers was definitely the best and got lots of compliments.

I noticed how tall Rylee was getting and had her stand next to Avynlea so that we could compare the hight difference. Wow! Rylee is getting so tall! I didn't realize how much taller she was then Avynlea until now.

She even has a couple of inches on me, you can't tell the difference because of my high pony but it is a little strange having my youngest be so much taller than me. Now if she wants me to do her hair she has to kneel down if I am standing but usually she sits on the floor while I sit on the house which is a lot easier on her knees.

On Thursday Avynlea had a driving skills test which I could not take her to because it was right when I needed to teach dance. Luckily Joshua and Mallory were in town and Mallory was happy to help out and take Avynlea to her skills test. The gentleman let Mallory stay in the car during the test which I was surprised at, Mallory snapped a picture for me which was awesome. Avynlea did 12 things wrong which were little things like not stopping before the white line at the light and not using her parking break when parking the car. Luckily she passed because the limit of infractions was 12, phew, good job Avynlea!


As a reward for passing her skills test she got to hold sweet little Leona.

Thursday after school Bekah came back over so I could do her hair again. This night she was playing the part of Augusta Hawkins and needed a fancier 1800's style hair do. I did an upside down braid into a bun with curls on the side. I think my favorite part was adding the feathers and flowers. Her hair looked amazing and again she said she got so many compliments. She asked me about paying me and I told her I don't do this for money but she could bake me cookies or something. It would stress me out too much if I charged money to do hair, what if it wasn't good enough, so I don't like to charge. Later in the week she dropped off a snickerdoodle scented candle to thank me which was greatly appreciated!

Mallory was practicing a recipe for rolls and came over here to roll them out and bake them. Joshua stuck a candy corn in one and told me to let him know who got it. It was me, I was looking forward to a yummy roll and it turned out to be a sweet roll. Not what I was expecting or wanting but it wasn't bad tasting, if I were in the mood for a sweet roll.

We got out the barbies to give the boys something different to play with and they loved them! Amos had his 4 favorite and would attach them to the American Girls Doll Horse and prance them around the room. Rylee and Avynlea love playing with them and having them come over. We are going to miss them when they leave.


I let Amos try on my high heels nd he had some fun walking around in them.

And Leoana got so much love and attention, she is the sweetest!