Saturday, November 14, 2020

Quarantine Week 35 (Hair, Profiles, Peterson Family in McCall)

 On Monday I did a half up hairdo and used a scrunchie to finish off the pony. I really loved how it looked and it gave me a Stephanie Tanner Full House vibe.

On Wednesday Avy, Rylee and I were talking about our profiles and I took some pictures of their profiles so they could see what they looked like. Kefford had to make his mark in our conversation and in the pictures we took and showed off his favorite profile. 

On Thursday after Kefford got done with his stake meeting we drove up to McCall for the annual Peterson Family McCall week. We stayed in a condo with Bob and Alison and I really liked it. Kefford's siblings were all in Condos really close and since we were in "Grandma and Grandpa's" condo we were in the condo where everyone congregated to. It was fun to have my kids cousins and Aunts and Uncles pop in and out. We rarely had to leave our condo to see anyone. 
Friday Avy and I went to the store with Bob and Alison and it was snowing pretty hard. Avynlea did not have any snow boots so she got creative and made her shoes waterproof with some bags she found in the car. I love her creativity and thought she looked pretty adorkable. :)
It was fun for Ryker to have his Uncle Trevor around so the two could play video games with each other.
Kenedy had told me that she wasn't going to be coming to McCall but she surprised us by riding up with Trista. It was fun to have her around for the weekend!
It snowed a ton while we were in town and the kids had so much fun playing in the snow with all of their cousins. They built snow forts and had snow ball fights and had fun running around and chasing each other. It was a fun sight to see!






I had fun watching my kids interact with each other and their cousins. Family time is always the best time!

Kylie, Andrew and Trista made a giant snowman and they needed someone to help put the gumdrop smile on. Avynlea the cheerleader was recruited to stand on Trista's back and try to get that smile put on. 
Avynlea and I went over to Ahitney's to visit with her for a bit and Kinsley fell asleep in Avynlea's arms. It was so sweet to see this big cousin love on her little cousin.
Later in the afternoon Avy, Rylee and I went with Whitney and her family to make use of the pool along with Brielle, Qiana and Tayvia. The pool was cold and while I did get in I didn't last very long. I do not like cold pools, pools need to be at least 80 degrees for me to want to spend more time in them. Avynlea continued on with her quirky dressing and wore her cheer jacket in the pool for a little bit, I tell you the water was not warm at all.

The girls again had a lot of fun playing with their cousins and enjoyed being in the pool with them.



As we were leaving I didn't want to put my pants back on over my swimsuit so I threw my coat on and my snow boots and was ready to get back to our warm condo. Maybe Avynlea gets her quirky style from me...hahaha


Saturday morning Bob took all of us out to eat at the Pancake House which was super nice and generous of him. Once again the members of my family didn't remember how big the servings were and we got way too much food. We all took home leftovers and were able to eat breakfast every meal for the next two days.


Later that day Kefford and I took the girls to the Christmas House to look at all the fun stuff and then we stopped at the lake to get some pictures. Avynlea and Kenedy went down to the shore to take their pictures leaving the three of us at the top. Rylee didn't want her picture taken so I had her take some of Kefford and I and called it good.
When we got back the girls changed into their suits to go swimming while the guys changed into athletic clothes to go play basketball. I did not go swimming again and after watching the girls for a while ai ventured off on my own to go watch Ryker and Kefford play basketball for a little bit. It was fun watching them play together and I am glad Rykers and Kefford have each there to do these guy things.
After he was done playing Basketball Ryker came and played in the pool for a bit.
At some point Dustin and Avynlea decided to race to see who the fastest swimmer was and although Dustin came close Avynlea was able to beat him every time!

Heading back to our condo Avy and Ryker didn't want to change out of their suits so they rode home in just their towels and I thought they looked funny standing outside the door waiting for someone to unlock it and let us in.
We had a really great time in McCall and are so grateful we were able to be up there for a little bit with the rest of the family. We drove home Sunday morning and it was not an easy ride home. I was getting a migraine and feeling really sick. As soon as we got home I went to bed to try to sleep off the migraine. It helped but I was not feeling great for the rest of the day.
We were able to listen to our Ward's Sacrament meeting which is one nice thing about this pandemic. Even though we couldn't be there in person I am grateful for modern technology to make it so that we can still listen in.