Sunday, November 8, 2020

Happy Birthday Elizabeth and Ryker!

 This year Ryker and my birthday fell on a Sunday. Not my favorite day to have a birthday, I want to go out to eat and do fun things all of which you can't really do on a Sunday. But it ended up being a pretty great birthday and I had a lot of fun celebrating with my family. This was a pretty big Birthday for Ryker as it was his 18th Birthday, I cannot believe he is 18, it seems a little surreal and hard to believe with how fast the years have gone by. We watched church at home as a family and then the kids all went to the church for their Young Women and Young Men classes. Kefford and I watched our Gospel Doctrine class on the computer. 

After church I was craving chocolate chip pancakes and bacon so that is what we had for lunch. Kefford and the girls made it for Ryker and I and it was delicious and hit the spot just right. As I was perusing Instagram I saw that Kenedy had posted Birthday messages for Ryker and I in her stories. She is so sweet and they were the perfect messages to receive from my beautiful college student.

For dinner we had steak, homemade rolls, edamame and cantaloupe. I found a recipe for rolls on Instagram I wanted to try and they turned out ok. I think I needed to let them rise more but they tasted just fine. After we ate and cleaned up Ryker and I got to open our presents. 
Gummies and $20 from Grandma Bonnie for Ryker

Rylee really wanted to buy me a birthday gift with her own money. I didn't want her to use all of her money on me and since I didn't know what she was going to get I gave her $10 to use. She went with Avynlea and her friends to the mall on Friday and was very excited to give me the gift she picked out. I gave her a couple ideas of things I like but had no idea what she ended up getting me. She picked me out my favorites chocolates from See's Candy and I was really excited to get them. She is such a sweetie and I love her sweet gestures.
We got Ryker a lego Ferrari which he had fun putting together and Kefford and Avynlea thought it would be funny to wrap up some granola bars and ramen noodles from our pantry for Ryker to open. He thought it was a funny joke.
I got a Little Mermaid Backpack purse, jelly belly, a sweater and a sherpa jacket which Kefford hid a wig inside, it gave me quite the scare. I also got a note in the little Nike box that said "on the way". I had told Kefford I wanted some black Nike tennis shoes and he ordered them but they didn't come in time for my birthday.

Heather sent me this Disney Christmas pillow which I loved and Rylee also loved it and tried to steal it from me, silly girl.
                                 A new jacket and sweater for church as well as a projector.
Avynlea picked me out this cute little mermaid teapot that is just adorable! I have such sweet and thoughtful girls!

Ryker has been wanting a jean quilt and I decided I would make him one for him for graduation. I got started on it but was having difficulty working on it with the kids being around so I made a sign and locked myself in the upstairs TV room and got to work. Ryker was a very curious boy and kept asking what I was doing but I kept telling him to read the sign and leave me alone. I was thinking about giving it to him for Christmas but decided to give it to him for his 18th birthday. He was very excited to open it and loves it. I am so glad that I could make him a gift that he will be able to take with him when he leaves.

We got a funfetti cake this year with rainbow chip icing, so yummy!


And some funny outtakes of our crazy family. 

5 things I love about Ryker:
1) Ryker is a very talented artist and I love when I get to see things that he draws. He started a YouTube channel in which he shows himself drawing a picture and has it set to music. It is actually pretty cool and I really like that he does it. I think it's cool that he inherited this talent from my Dad and I love that he likes to draw so much.

2) Ryker is a very hard worker and has managed a 4.0 gpa throughout High School. I love that he is such a hard worker and takes his studies so seriously. He does not always enjoy his classes but I am really happy that he wants to maintain a high grade average, he is such a smart kid.

3) Ryker has a very strong testimony of the Gospel and wants to always do what it right. He gets really upset with himself when he does make mistakes and he tries hard to do better and be better. I love when he blesses the sacrament in church and we have been extra blessed to have him be able to bless the sacrament for us in our home while in Quarantine. 

4) Ryker is a very grateful child and always shows appreciation for the things we get him. He is quick to say thank you for things and shows a lot of gratitude in all things.

5) I love how much Ryker loves outdoor things like dirt bike riding, basketball and shooting guns and I also love how he likes to nerd out playing video games. I feel he is the best of both worlds and I am glad he is able to enjoy himself in so many different settings.