Saturday, September 5, 2020

Quarantine Week 25 (Sunday Drives and Walks, Blackberry Picking, Rylee and Friends and Avy's first Varsity Cheer)

All three of our girls went to stay in Nyssa for the weekend and that left just Ryker at home with Kefford and I. Kefford decided for church he wanted each of us to pick a talk to download onto our phone and then we went for a scenic drive while we listened to and discussed our talks. It was a nice and peaceful time and something different which can be good.
After lunch and afternoon naps we went for a walk around the neighborhood, it was a nice day and we had a good time on our walk.
The girls were supposed to be getting back sometime on Monday, I have been wanting to pick blackberries for a while but have never found the time to do it. I decided Monday morning I was going to go and pick blackberries on my own. As I was getting ready I was talking to Kefford about my plans and he suggested having Ryker go with me and we were drop Kefford off at work, pick out berries and then pick him up when we were done. We woke Ryker up and we were on our way, it was a cooler day which was one of the reasons I picked that day and picking the berries in the morning was a nice time. We spent about 2 hours out there, me listening to podcasts and Ryker listening to his music and we picked 7 containers full, I filled 4.75 and Ryker filled 2.25,  with 15 pounds total of Blackberries,.

As we were waiting to check out and pay I noticed the boxes of nectarines that they were selling and was amazed at how big the fruits were. Easily as big or bigger then my palm, the biggest nectarines I have seen!
Rylee has enjoyed spending time with her friends this last week before school finally starts,  I am so glad that Rylee has found good friends that she enjoys being with and that help give her a little bit of a social life. Tayci and Rylee are on the left and Rylee and Ella are on the right, they are really cute girls and are a lot of fun!.


Friday night was the first football game of the season and Avynlea's first time cheering as a Varsity cheerleader. On Thursday they had their cheerleader Christmas where they got a lot of their clothing, poms and megaphone, it was exciting and a lot of fun for the girls. They have not been able to get uniforms for all of the girls so for their first game they wore their 2020 tank and spankies, they also had to have a highland bun in their hair and they were getting their bows at the house where they were all getting ready together. I did a braid up the back for Avynlea's hair to help keep her hair contained and then did the bun before I dropped her off at Maya's house where all the cheerleaders were meeting to get ready together. 
Earlier in the week the school board met together to discuss what to do about school sports. I listened to the meeting as it was streamed while I was doing my virtual barre class because I wanted to hear their decision, I was really worried that they were going to vote to cancel fall sports as long as we were in the red. Luckily they voted that kids are still able to compete but unluckily as long as we were in the red there was a decision made that there would be no spectators. I was really sad about that because that is one of my favorite Mom duties, to cheer my kids on, and I was not happy that I wasn't allowed to be there. I am trying to be positive about it and am trying to just be grateful that the kids are still looked to do sports, it could have been worse. Once we are in the yellow and kids go to hybrid school then they will allow parents to come and watch and so I am praying that that happens sooner rather then later.
Kara promised to take a lot of pictures and videos at the game for us and would post a bunch on Instagram throughout the game and I made Avynlea and her besties promise to take a lot of pictures for us Moms. So even though we couldn't be there I was able to receive lots of pictures. I did bootcamp with Andrew Brown that night and any time we took a break I was checking Instagram for updates and new pictures. It helped me get through our tough workout because it gave me something to look forward to in between our circuits, I just kept looking forward to being able to check my phone, it was a good reward :).
I took a couple of pictures of my beautiful cheerleader before I took her to where she needed to be, she really is a beauty and her beauty shines from within.
While at their team pre-game dinner and get ready event Avynlea got some pictures with her besties. They are such a fun group and such good girls. 
Avynlea and Natalie
Natalie, Paige, Landon, Luke, Avynlea and Andreya

Diana posted this on her Instagram stories and I thought it was such a sweet message for our favorite cheerleaders.
I love all of the pictures that Kara sent to us Mom's and am grateful that she understood our need to have her take pictures for us. Among all of the group shots, she took the time before the game to take individual pictures of each cheerleader. I love Avynlea's picture and think she looks so pretty and happy. They had four rows and Avynlea was in the second row on the far left. As I was looking at the Instagram pictures and videos I was able to pretty confidently pick out where she was, Ashleigh was following along on Instagram as well and was able to spot her position also, Avynlea is just easy for us to find. 



Warriors won their game against Centennial 21-6 and it was exciting for everyone, what a great stat to the season and hopefully those empty stands will be filled with fans soon!

Kefford and I were the only ones home Friday night so we went to the Boise Mall to pick up a gift I had ordered for my Secret Person and after we were done we bought SubWay sandwiches for dinner. I only ate half of mine and had put the other half in the fridge to eat the next day. After Avynlea came home from the game she was pretty famished and was searching for food. I gave her the rest of my sandwich and she was pretty happy to eat it. As she was eating I had her tell me all about her night and it was fun to hear and talk about it with her.