Saturday, September 12, 2020

Quarantine Week 26 (Sunday pictures, Wahooz, First day of School, Rylee Volleyball game, Kenedy leaves for College and Avynlea Cheers

 

This Sunday was our last Sunday with Kenedy home for a while, she went to Nyssa Friday night but came home Saturday night so she could be with us for Sunday. We had a nice little church service and then we made sure to get some pictures together per tradition, kind of, sometimes, usually. We messed around for some of the pictures before we took some better ones and then we messed around a bit more. Some of us were in a silly mood.

Avynlea really wanted a family picture with everyone being more solemn and hands at their sides. Kenedy was done with pictures after the group one and I was distracted doing something else so I missed them. Kefford allowed himself one picture that Avynlea wanted and then had to do a fun jump.
I then tried to do a picture with Avynlea and I don't know if it worked out the way she wanted it to, I mean I tried.
For Christmas Alison and Bob gave our family a day pass to Wahooz again, we loved going last year and it was amazing so we were really excited to go again. Because of Covid and all the restrictions we were not able to go and use our passes for quite a while and then we forgot until I realized Kenedy was leaving and this was our only opportunity to use them! Luckily Monday was Labor Day and we decided to use our passes then. Kenedy had to work in the afternoon, Avynlea had cheer practice and Ryker made afternoon plans with his friends so it was going to be tricky trying to work it out. We decided to be there when it opened and we would do as much as we could. At 2 Kenedy went to work and then at 3 the rest of us left to take Avynlea to cheer practice and to take a break. Ryker went to Roaring Springs for a couple of hours to be with his friends and after cheer and work we all met back up to finish out the day.

We did the go-carts first because that line seems to get popular pretty quick and we did not want a long wait. After that we did mini golf and then we went inside to do all of those fun things.



The second time they did the go-carts I didn't want to do them so I took video while the rest of them went around and around again. I was more then ok to be the videographer for that go around, i just needed a break. 

Along with our passes we each got a $5 card for the arcade, I didn't care to use mine and so when the kids used up theirs I let them have what was on mine. I had more fun watching them then I would have do the games myself so it was a win win.
The third and final time we did the go-carts Kefford did me dirty and cut me off in a cheater way and caused me to stall and get stuck. I was not very happy with his actions, hence the mad face, hahaha.

We had a really great time and I am so glad we were able to fit it in with our busy schedules and that we got the gift in the first place. Making memories with my family is one of the best gifts we could ever receive!
Tuesday Ryker, Avynlea and Rylee started Remote school. The school district issued all of the kids computers and trying to get them logged into school and connected into their classes was a trial. Ryker finally gave up and used his own laptop, I tried getting Rylee logged in for two hours and then finally gave up and put her on my computer. Avynlea had no other options other then to use the school computer and was able to log in off and on throughout the day. It was not a good day and I had the kids smile for a back to school picture and then show me how they really feel. I think Ryker's picture is the most authentic for how we all really felt about the day.


I really wanted to get family pictures done before Kenedy left and I had scheduled a time with Lana a couple weeks previous but her Mom passed away that same week so of course we had to reschedule. Our schedules were pretty crazy and it was really hard trying to find a time to do it especially since Kenedy was leaving Saturday morning but we managed to find a half hour on Wednesday to squeeze a photo shoot in. We did it at the Linder Farms Sunflower fields and we had a lot of fun! Lana sent me a sneak peek of two pictures, one of Kenedy and one of Avynlea and I am super excited to see the rest!
Friday was Rylee's first volleyball game and I was able to go to watch her. This year Rylee is one of the co-captains on her volleyball team and it was fun to watch her lead her team. Her team is a mix of 8th and 7th grade girls same as last year and she told me previously that last year the 8th graders were not nice to the 7th graders. She did not like that and decided that she was going to change that and make sure to be really nice to the 7th graders this year. She has it completely right, I love that she is such a good leader and friend to all the girls, she ia such a great example how doing leadership right!
I loved watching Rylee play, she has improved so much especially in her serves. Last year she struggled with hitting th eball hard enough to get over the net and this year it is rare for her to not get it one the net. She is easily the best one on her team and I love seeing her confidence level go up. 
Later that evening I got to go watch Avynlea cheer at her second Varsity Football game. I was so excited to finally be able to go and watch her, parents are allowed to go now the we are in the yellow! I got there early to get a good seat and to save seats for Kefford and my cheer Mom besties, Amy and Diana. It was fun to finally be at a game and the Varsity boys won their second game in a row! We are now 2-0 and it is very exciting! Spectators had to wear masks while walking into and around the stadium but as long as we were seating we could take our masks off. Same with the cheerleaders they had to wear masks unless they were cheering but during halftime they had to put them on. I was ok with the rules, I was just happy to be able to finally go!
I love watching Avynlea cheer! Because some of the Varsity uniforms have not come in the girls wore the old JV uniforms from last year. It was fun to see Avynlea back into her old uniform again. 
At halftime we got a picture with the four cheer besties together. We were missing Hailey because she is on JV, Hopefully at Homecoming we can get one of all 5 of them.

Natalie, Dreya, Avynlea and Paige

At one point I noticed the crowd of High Schoolers outside the fence watching the game. It made me so sad that they couldn't be inside on the bleachers in the student section but I was glad to see that they were still there supporting their team the only way they could. After halftime Kara let the cheerleaders go over and lead the student crowd in the fan favorite "Teletubbies" cheer. I teared up a little watching them and whenever I watch the video I took I feel all the emotions. These kids just want to cheer on their team and it breaks my heart all that they are missing out on. I really pray that things get back to normal sooner rather then later and that kids can have a normal High School experience again.