Saturday, August 15, 2020

Week 22 in Quarantine (Bread making, Cheer positions, and dessert wars)

 Avynlea did her hair super cute one day and took some fun pictures of herself and then she had me be in one with her. She is such a cute and fun girl!

Rylee wanted to make challa and found the recipe online. I am not sure how she thought of it but she did and she made the bread all by herself. She had a couple of questions for me but she did it all and she did an amazing job, I was so impressed and proud of her! We found our new bread maker!

Since Rylee does not have a phone yet she uses mine to communicate wth her friends. Occasionally/often I will find random pictures she has taken, screenshot or saved. She is a beautiful silly girl!
Avynlea is a flyer on the Varsity cheer team and on June 23rd the flyer's started staying after practice to work on stretching and positions. Kara took pictures of them in their positions and then this week on August 12th after a month and a half of stretching took pictures again to compare. She sent the before and afters out to the girls and when Avynlea showed me hers I was so impressed. She has improved so much and her muscle definition is insane. She is doing such a great job!




On Thursday night Avynlea had some of her friends over for a baking competition. They broke up into two teams and had to come up with a recipe using the common ingredient of graham crackers. One team was Avynlea, Landon and Luke. Andreya, Sadie and Rose were on the second team.

Avynlea's team made a chocolate cupcake from scratch with a marshmallow filling and a vanilla frosting with graham cracker crumbs on top. Andreya's team used a cookie dough they bought from the store and made cookies with marshmallows and graham crackers. Kenedy, Rylee and Kefford were the judges and after much discussion they deemed the cookies the winners. I tried the cupcakes the next day and thought they were delicious and I would have voted for them to win. The entire dessert was made from scratch and it was really good. The cookies I didn't get to try because Sadie threw them in the trash that night, weird. I didn't eat them the night before because it was too late in the evening and I was doing my yoga class. They had a fun night and it was fun to see the teenagers do something other then tik tok dancing.