Saturday, August 1, 2020

Week 20 in Quarantine (Last days in California and White Water rafting)

Erin came to stay for a couple of days on Saturday night and on Sunday morning we gathered together to watch Mom's Relief Society do a lesson on Zoom. The lesson given was on James R. Rasbands talk from AprilGeneral Conference which was called "Ensuring A Righteous Judgement". I really enjoyed the talk and hearing the discussion about it, it was a good Sabbath morning.

Later in the afternoon Stephanie came over with her family, Jeremy came over with his family and MaryBeth came over by herself. It was fun to see everyone and t hang out. We had lasagna for dinner and then we celebrated Heather's birthday with a peach chocolate cake that Ashleigh made and it was delicious. Before everyone had to start leaving I told everyone we had to get a family picture and so we all gathered in the backyard for a quick picture.

back row: Alyssa, Stephanie, Anthony, Jeremy, Mom, Ashleigh, MaryBeth and Heather
middle row: Elizabeth and Andrew Brown
front row: Camryn, Avynlea, Erin, Atticus, Rylee and Jaylynn
On Monday Mom and Heather pulled their cars out so the girls and Atticus could wash them along with Ashleigh car and Heathers old car. It gave them something to do, it gave Mom, Ashleigh and Heather clean cars and they had fun playing with Atticus. By the time they got to the last two cars they were over it and the cars didn't get quite as clean as it could have. No worries it was a good time in the California sunshine.


Tuesday was our day to leave. I was really sad about it but anxious to get home to see the rest of our family. Our flights were uneventful, nobody threw up and none of the flights were cancelled. 


Saturday morning Kefford and I got to go whitewater rafting with friends. We went with Kim and Blake Hansen, Kim and Rod Givens, Emily Walker, Jeni and Mike Lindley and Jessica and Paul Lewis. Their were two other couples that went but I didn't know them. It was a lot of fun and it was great to be with friends again. Midway through we stopped to eat and so some people could do the rope swing. I was nervous about it but I wanted to conquer my fear and do the swing and I did. It was a lot of fun and I am glad I did it but I only did it once. Also along the way we passed a beach where a couple of people were hanging out and we got mooned by them. I turned away as soon as I saw the pants going down and saw a little bit of crack but I heard that the others who did not turn away got three full moons and then some, not cool at all.

Later that night Amber and Scott brought over Preston and Hattie so that Avynlea could babysit while they went on an anniversary date. Rylee was able to hold Hattie for a while and she loved it when she fell asleep on her. So sweet.