Saturday, August 8, 2020

Week 21 in Quarantine (Girls McCall Trip and some Cousin fun)

 

We finally got some new couches for our upstairs TV room. It took Kefford and I forever to make a decision and finally get some couches but we did it and He and Avynlea got them set up with some help from Rylee and I.



Avynlea and Rylee got to go up to McCall with Alison on Wednesday for a Grandma's get away. She also took up Ally, Brielle and Qiana. I took Kenedy up Thursday night after she got off of work and the next day we went into town so the girls could go on the ice rink bumper cars. They had to wear their masks but they were the only ones signed up for this time slot and they had a lot of fun. I enjoyed watching them with Alison, and was glad that I wasn't in the cars. It would have been fun but I am ok to watch on the side lines.
After the bumper cars we went to ice-cream ally for our favorite McCall treat, Ice-Cream! I wanted to get a group picture of all of us with our ice-creams but Kenedy didn't think the lighting was good enough so I took a picture of just Alison and I.
We took our ice-creams and heading down to the water so we could eat and enjoy the views. 

A funny story about the below picture. In the background of the picture you can see a boy sitting in a red chair, an empty green chair next to him and then a kid in a life jacket. 
Before the life jacket kid was sitting there Rylee was trying to dare one of us to go and sit in the green chair. Nobody would take her up on it and were telling her she needs to do her own dare. Rylee really wanted to do it and started to walk over there but she just couldn't do it. She finally decided she was going to for real go and started to walk over but then Life jacket kid came and sat down and she immediately turned and came back. As I was watching her I was thinking how you can't hesitate and think about it that it is better to just go and do, it's when you think about it that the fear sets in and stops you. When Rylee got back we were teasing her a little and then she said for me to go do it. I immediately got up walked over and sat down in that green chair. As soon as I did the life jacket kid immediately got up and left and the poor kid in the red chair started squirming and trying to get as far from me as he could while still in his chair. I only sat there for just a few seconds before I got up and went back to our group. I clearly made those kids so uncomfortable and I felt bad about that but it was a dare. ;)
Later in the late afternoon we went over to the clubhouse so the girls could go swimming. Kenedy sunbathes while Alison and I sat and watched them all. One of the girls found a little frog and Kenedy wanted to get a picture with it before letting him go. She gave him a kiss but no prince charming appeared, she will have to try for the real thing when she goes back to school. After swimming for a bit Avynlea and I left McCall at 6:00 to head home. She had tumbling practice the next morning she didn't want to miss and while I would have liked to have stayed longer I wanted to get back home before the sun set. Driving through the mountains in the dark makes me nervous. We had a safe ride home and wouldn't you know early the next morning we got a text that Tumbling was cancelled, of all the rotten luck. Alison brought Kenedy and Rylee home safe and sound later that day and I am glad my girls got to have a fun time with their Grandma.
Saturday night Coby and his boys, Easton and Mikey, came over as well as Roland and Nicole and their daughter Scarlett. Kefford invited his cousins and their families over for a barbecue and it was a nice visit. My girls had a lot of fun playing with Scarlett and Kefford tried out Easton's wheelchair to do a few wheelies. Easton broke his leg really bad while riding his dirt bike and has to be in a wheelchair for the next little while. Poor kid