Saturday, June 20, 2020

Week 14 in Quarantine (Cheer Banquet, Audrey and Isabelle visit and Sara gets Married)


Another Sunday went by without a family picture. I don't know how I kept forgetting to take one. 
On Tuesday Ryker, Avynlea, Rylee and I went to Costco to get some things we needed. Costco has a mandatory mask wearing police and so we all went in with our masks on. I don't mind wearing mine although it does take some getting used to breathing through it. 
When we were done we loaded up our car and then waited for Alison and Whitney to get there. Audrey and Isabelle were staying at the farm for a couple of weeks and I invited them to come hang with us for a few days. Ryker was going back to the farm to work and so I took the girls while Alison and Whitney took Ryker. 

On Wednesday was Avynlea's cheer banquet. She and I were the only ones who attended from our family and it was nice although little bit boring. Being the Co-captains Avynlea and Pam had to get up and present their coaches with the gift the team got for them as well as say a few words. This was sprung on Avynlea right before she had to get up and she did a good job speaking but didn't say a ton and was quick to sit down. She said she was so nervous and was not happy about having to speak but I am proud of her for doing it. 
Once all the speeches and awards were handing out we were able to take some pictures.
2019/2020 JV Cheer Squad

Pam and Avynlea
The last two standing Cheer Captains. I am beyond proud of Avynlea and how she performed in her role as a Cheer Captain her Freshman year. She really stepped up to the task and was able to be a kind and fun leader to all of the girls on her team.

Coach Bailey, Avynlea and Coach Nicole
Avynlea will miss having these two Ladies as her coaches, they were so kind and supportive and made her first year really great.
Hailey, Avynlea, Landon, Natalie, Paige and Dreya
The tumbling six

Carrie and Hailey, Elizabeth and Avynlea, Diana and Natalie, Amy and Paige, Griscelda and Dreya
Cheer Mom Besties and our girls. 
I am so grateful for these women, their friendship and helping to make this year so much fun. 

Being on JV together this year has brought these three even closer and they have had so much fun cheering together. They took a pictures like this all the time and had to get one more to cap off the year and of course their mothers had to do a copy picture.

Avynlea got the "Most Daring" award For always being so willing to try new stunts and just "winging it".
I thought this was a good award for her. She had no fear as a flyer and was always willing and wanting to try new things. She told me that no matter who she was stunting with that she always trusted them and was able to learn so much because of that trust. 

After the banquet we came home so Avynlea could change and then we went over to the Hansen's along with Kenedy so Avy could talk to him about a cheer sponsorship. It was pretty fun to see this family again and we spent a long time hanging out and visiting in their backyard. Blake always expects a cheer performance from Avynlea if she wants him to sponsor her so she and Kenedy did the Warrior Fight Song. It was pretty cute to see these sisters cheering together and they got $500 from Blake which was pretty awesome!
Sara surmised us all by announcing a couple weeks ago that she and Jaime were getting married. They decided to do a courthouse wedding and most of the family were not invited but we were doing a family BBQ later that evening to celebrate. Sara asked me to do her hair and she came over that morning so I could do it and then she got ready to go get married while at my house. Once I finished her hair I had to take Rylee to her Golf lessons and I wasn't able to stick around to see the finished look but I made everyone promise to take pictures for me to put on my instagram page. I was excited to finally have a hair picture of a bride in her wedding dress but then was a little disappointed when I got the pictures and Sara was wearing her jean jacket. I asked them if they cold take some in her dress but this was her wedding look. She borrowed the dress and it wouldn't button up all the way and so she wore a jacket to hide that. Plus Sara is a big Tomboy and the jacket gave her a little bit more of a Tomboy look. 
I really love how her hair turned out and she was really happy with it and that is all that matters to me.
For the family BBQ I volunteered to bring a veggie platter and I brought the best veggie platter around. I had 8 different veggies and Ranch Dip, Hummus and Onion Dip to go with it. I used the platter that Grandma Marge had up on a shelf in her house and I inherited when she passed away, it is huge and was the perfect platter for all of my veggies. Basically it was a beautiful contribution.
While I was curling Rylee's hair with the wand Audrey came in and asked gif I would do her hair. She had just gone swimming and her hair was soaking wet and we had to be ready to go in about 30 minutes so I told her I didn't think we would have time. She said she would dry her hair really fast and she would be ready. I didn't think I had time but Audrey never lets anyone do her hair and I thought she must want this really bad so I said ok. That girl got dressed and dried her hair so fast I was shocked. We had time for me to cure her hair while RYlee did her nails and she had a little bit of pampering time which I think was fun for her. Curling her hair didn't take too long and she looked really cute when we were done. Everyone at the farm kept asking how I talked her into letting me do her hair and I just kept saying it was her idea. She was very protective other curls and I watched her make them just right for the family picture we took together, she is so sassy but so cute.

While at the BBQ I got into a conversation with Gwen, Michelle, Mikell and Brit about our comfy clothes and how Gwen and I were so ready to get home and into our joggers. As soon as I got home I changed and then sent them all this picture to let them know I was home and happy in my comfy clothes, maybe I should have smiled to better convey the happiness I feel for joggers ;)