Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Rylee's first Temple Trip

I got to watch Mikell's kids one morning while she went to the Temple. By that time I still hadn't unpacked from my California trip so I had her kids keep me company while I did that and cleaned out my closet a little bit. The girls had fun trying on my shoes and dresses and they all enjoyed eating some of the candy I brought back from California. I love my Nieces and Nephews!
Jenna, Kelly, Brooke and Jason (James was not in the picture because he was off doing other more fun stuff)
 In December an email was sent out about a major change the church was implementing regarding the ages of our Young Men and Young Women. Starting January 1 The kids were going to move up as a group at the start of the year they turn 12, 14 or 16. This means that Avynlea will become a Mia Maid as a 13 year old and Rylee will become a Beehive as an 11 year old at the start of January and this also means that she will be able to go to the Temple to do Baptisms for the dead as an 11 year old turning 12. I was floored and so very excited. I could not wait to tell the girls that we would be able to take Rylee sooner then we thought. 
The girls were a little confused when I told them but thought it was pretty cool and a little strange. I agree with that but I think it is more cool then strange and only strange because it is such a big change. I told Rylee she was not allowed to go to the Temple for her first time without me. Since I was going to be in California till January 5th I thought she would try to go before I got back. She was ok with the wait and when Tuesday January 8th rolled around she and I were very excited for her first Temple trip.
Avynlea, Rylee, Ryker and I went to the Temple after school and we showed Rylee where to go and what to do. Ryker baptized both of them which was pretty awesome and Rylee really loved her experience in the Temple and can not wait to go back. I love taking my kids to the Temple every week and am so glad that we live close enough to a Temple to be able to do this. It has been a blessing for both them and I and I welcome any opportunity to strengthen my kids in the Gospel.
After we got out we took some pictures and then we stopped at McDonald's for ice cream cones. Rylee's first time in the Temple definitely warrants celebrating with ice Cream.