Saturday, January 5, 2019

Mount Rubidoux Hike

Mom, Heather, Ashleigh and I made plans to hike Mt Rubidoux Saturday morning before I had to leave to go back to Meridian. That morning Ashleigh called and said she was not going to be able to go, she thought she got mastitis again and was in a lot of pain. Heather asked us if they would like us to take the baby but they said it was ok they could keep him. About 20 minutes later we got a phone call asking if we could take the baby because Andrew was going to take Ashleigh to urgent care. I was so sad for Ashleigh but so excited to have my little nephew that morning.
Mom decided not to go because she wasn't feeling too well so Atticus, Heather and I hiked up Mt Rubidoux on our own. I pushed Atticus in his stroller and he slept the entire way up. We ran into Stephanie close to the top which was kind of random but we chatted with her for a couple of minutes and then when she left to run back down I pulled Atticus out to feed him his bottle. While I was feeding him he decided to have a blow out and he made quite the mess. Luckily the baby poop wiped off my pants pretty good and we had an extra outfit to change him into. After he ate and I cleaned his bum we took some pictures of the three of us at the top of the mountain.
Atticus was being a diva and not wanting to look at the camera. That or there were too many more interesting things to look at.

Here I am showing Atticus the Hospital where he was born as well as where his Mama was right that minute. I put some socks on his hands because they were cold, it was a chilly day.
After we got back down I changed my clothes and Mom, Heather, Atticus and I went to Brandon's for lunch. Atticus was such a good baby and I even got the cutest little smile out of him.
After about 6 blissful hours spent with the cute baby Andrew Brown came to pick him up. Ashleigh was given medications and was home resting. I hope she gets better quick, this was her second round of mastitis and that is just hard.
Heather drove me to the airport later that day and it was time for me to say good bye to my family and California for a little while. It is always bittersweet when I have to leave but Heather will be coming in a couple of months and that is something awesome to look forward to.