Sunday, September 30, 2018

Setting up the Barnyard

One of our Young Women was voted Homecoming Princess and she asked me if I would do her hair for when she is presented at the Homecoming game. I was really excited to help her out and had her send me a picture of how she would want her hair. I didn't have much time Friday after school to do her hair so I had her come over a couple days before so I could practice and them picked her up right after school on Friday to get her hair done. She had to miss her cross country practice but I only had between 3 and 4 to do her hair because I was teaching dance that night. I got her hair done and she was in love with how it looked, her parents also loved it and both of them sent me text messages thanking me and telling me how amazing she looked. I was pretty pleased.
After dance I went to the game so I could watch the homecoming game but also to cheer on Echo as she was presented at halftime. Megan Burt a friend in the ward was going to the game also and saved me a seat. Unfortunately by the time she got there the only seat she could find was at the end of the bleachers in what we termed the middle school section. I had fun being with Megan and Avy was sitting in front of us which was fun but I hope to never have to endure that section again...Middle School kids are obnoxious.
When I got to the game I was talking with Ryker and I saw a girl pass by and I thought "wow, I love her hair, it is so pretty", then I realized that it was Echo and that was my hair style...hahaha...I am weird sometimes.
Saturday Kefford and I along with our kids went out to Emmett to help start setting things up for the Barnyard. It was a really nice day and for the most part it was nice to be together working and getting things ready.





I did Eliza Roekers hair for the Homecoming dance and the updo looked really pretty. She didn't have any particular way she wanted her hair just as long as it was up and off her neck. This is what I ended up doing and she really loved it. I really enjoy doing hair and am so glad people are starting to ask me, it's so much fun!
 I made pancakes for Breakfast and RYlee requested small ones so I made a pile of small pancakes for her. She loved stacking them and eating them. Cutie girl.
 On the opening day of the Barnyard we went out again with Kefford in the morning to help finish getting things set up. I had an idea to have a picture spot and Kefford very kindly stacked some hay bales for me. I then decorated with pumpkins. a wooden garland and flowers. I really like how it turned out and hope people enjoy using it to take pretty pictures of their families. 
 Avynlea and Xander playing with some corn.
 Testing out the photo spot..
Asher, Avynlea, Hazel and Rylee