Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Conference Weekend

For conference we decided to spend some time out at the farm. Alison was planning an Easter Hunt for those that were in town and since we were going to be there Saturday we decided to stay the night so we could be there Sunday as well. Ryker was having fun playing with Sadie for a little bit. She is such a little cutie and it is always fun to watch Ryker love on his little cousins.  
While we were waiting between sessions for cousins to start showing up Grandma let Avynlea and Rylee pull out the bubbles. They were making some really cool bubbles and even had bubbles in bubbles. 
A while ago Rylee expressed some interest in her Grandma's Sudoku so while we were there she let Rylee try to tackle some of the easier ones. It was cute watching them together.
Once some more people showed up, we had an impromptu softball game. It was mostly my family against Gwen's family but we had Bob playing on our team. Trevor grabbed some plastic plates for the bases and by the time we had a handful of people running on them they were broken up into shards and I was worried about all of the bare feet. Luckily no one got injured. 

Alison took pictures and I was glad to send them to my phone so I could have copies of them, Obviously from this picture of me "hitting' I am not a baseball player. I tend to hit down at the ball and Kefford kept telling me to stop hitting down. It made me remember playing church ball as a youth and hearing my Dad coaching me to stop hitting down. Clearly this has been a problem for a long time. 



After the second session on Saturday the Grandkids got to do an Easter Egg hunt

And then after a delicious dinner of Carne Asada the kids got to light their lanterns and let them go. They were all super excited about this and it was so fun to watch them make their lanterns glow and let them go. It was a bit worrisome as the lanterns drifted towards the tree, Rykers lantern was rubbing against the tree as it was going up and we all thought it was going to catch fire, but it didn't. I am amazed that nothing happened considering how close it got to the tree. 


We stayed the night and watched conference with Kefford's parents the next day. It was a great weekend and I was happy to spend it with family!