Thursday, November 12, 2015

Happy Birthday Elizabeth and Ryker!



On my birthday I had so many well wishes from friends and family on  instagram and lots of text messages were sent. 
Heather, Jessica Mortenson
Karli Cleaver and Joshua

Andrew, Brit
 Cheryl Pierce and Whitney

Mom and Erin sent special messages on Instagram and they made my day! Its fun to see pictures of me when I was little.

Ryker and I decided we wanted hamburgers and french fries for our birthday dinner. I also made a special request for Sierra Mist Cranberry, I love that stuff! I took this picture of our food before the french fries made it to the plate. My Mom bought all of us "special Plates" quite a few years ago for Christmas. We use ours all the time on birthdays. While I was in California this last August I found this plate that I fell in love with and I had to have it. I am glad I got it because Ryker and I both get to have a special plate on our birthday and we do not have to trade off.

Our birthday fell on a Sunday this year which was fine. I had to conduct in Relief Society and I had to announce my own birthday. We had the Young Women in with us for opening exercises and as I was announcing birthdays I tried keeping it light and cute when I announced mine but I could feel myself getting hot and embarrassed. Unfortunately I did turn pretty red and it was definitely noticed. Ha ha fun times, good thing everyone knows and loves me ;)

After dinner it was time to open presents.

My Mom sent me my favorite chocolates from Sees and Ryker has been reading Enders Game and loving it so Kefford bought him the movie. He has already seen it but it is fun to own it so he can watch it whenever he wants.
She also sent me a Lighthouse Alex and Ani bracelet to remember my Dad!
The Ariel one I got from Erin for Christmas last year, the Best one I got from Heather this last spring because she loves me (she has the other half of course) and now my new lighthouse. I love them all and that they all have a special meaning to me!
Kefford gets cheesy and likes to clap for us. Kenedy took all of the present opening pictures.
Ryker got money and 4 bags of peach rings candy from his Grandma Bonnie


The Piano Guys are coming to Boise in Febuary and Ryker and I are big fans. Ryker wrote a research paper on them last year for music class and the kids and I watched some of their Face to Face video on the Mormon channel while getting ready for church one morning. So when I found out they were coming I talked it over with Kefford and then bought Ryker and I tickets to go see them as part of our birthday gifts. Ryker was a little confused looking at the papers trying to figure out what they were and so I threw him a bone and told him they were tickets to see the piano guys. He was really excited and gave me a big hug!

Kefford gave me a fun Ariel card with a sweet message inside from him.

And I got some new boots that were "from" Ryker.

Ryker and I were then given tiny little packages to open
Which had these inside. Ryker got the bottom one and mine was the top

Ryker found his present which was a Dell computer. His Uncle Steve got him a refurbished one when he found out Kefford was looking for one. Ryker was pretty excited about it and immediately had it turned on and was checking it out.
I had to trek it to the toy closet to find my surprise. 

A new sewing machine!!! This one is digital and has 140 stitch options plus monograming! I am so excited!! The sewing machine I have now was given to me from Alison about 13 years ago for Christmas. It has been great but now I am so happy to have this new one! My girls "gave" this to me and all have asked if they could have my old one. I am not sure what I will do with the old one, probably just keep it around so they can use it and get good on it before they can touch my new one.
After the presents we decided to watch a movie and I was asking when we were going to do cake and ice-cream. I had requested chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting and Ryker wanted cheesecake. So Kefford bought a little cheesecake for Ryker and mix for my cake. Avynlea baked the cupcakes after church but they never got frosted and when I asked about it nobody would respond. I decided not to worry about it and then I got this picture text from Lana. I could not figure out what she was sending me but then I got the next text and it all started to make sense.


She made me a cake!!! And it is all the more special to me that it is imperfect! That is why everyone was being shady about the cake, because they all knew that Lana was bringing me one. I seriously have the best girlfriends. In addition to the cake, Kathy Caroca gave me a giant candy bar, Cheryl Pierce sent over my favorite mint brownies, and Candice Nicholes brought me a huge bag of her homemade toffee. So much sugar! Luckily Ryker had a Cross Country party the next day so I frosted the cupcakes and sent those with him.
We had to take the paper off to get the candle in :)

I had such a great birthday and I am thinking Ryker thought his birthday was pretty great too.

Rykers Favorite Things:
Food: Steak
Dessert: Cheesecake
Candy: Airheads
Church Song: We'll Bring the World His Truth
Radio Song: Monster by Imagine Dragons
Book: Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
Movie: Ender's Game
Color: Green
Friend: Baeden Jones
Scripture Story: The Brother of Jared
Thing to do: Play Basketball
School Subject: Math


1) Ryker tells me he loves me without fail every time he leaves the house, I drop him off somewhere, I leave the house, before he goes to bed, pretty much anytime he says goodbye he follows it with I love you. He is the sweetest and it is nice to hear!

2) Ryker is doing amazing in school and has really found his groove. He is working hard to keep up on his school work so that his grades remain high. I had a meeting with all of his teachers the other day and they all had nothing but great things to say about him. They talked about his positivity and his willingness to speak up when he has questions. Basically they all love him and love having him in their classes. I am so proud of him for wanting to do well in school and for being such a great example to the other students and his teachers.

3) Ryker is very service minded and loves to help others. He has gone with his Dad so many times to help rake leaves and do other yard work for those that need it and he never complains. Ryker will help me with things around the house when I ask him to and I love being around him and watching him help others. 

4)Ryker is working hard on his testimony and I have seen him growing in the Gospel. He will talk to me about his fears and things that worry him and when I ask him how he thinks he should handle things or what he thinks he should do to help himself not worry so much, he talks about reading his scriptures and praying to his Heavenly Father. He knows that doing these things will help him and will also increase his testimony. 

5) Ryker is an avid reader and likes to tell me about books that really interest him. He gets excited about getting new books and any time there is a book fair at his school he writes me a wish list in the hopes that I will get him some new books and I always do. I will do anything to encourage a passion in reading. He likes recommending books to his sisters and friends as well. I love that he has a love of reading, it makes me very happy!