Thursday, May 27, 2010

really kids?

I am a great Mom :0) and like any great Mom I make my kids do chores. One chore I make them do is clean up after we eat dinner. This involves clearing the table, wiping the table, putting food away, washing the dishes and loading the dishwasher. To be fair I do clean up after myself as I go along so its not that big of a deal to clean up after. Also I do the cooking and am usually the one setting the table so It is only fair to have my youngins do the clean up. They have to do this every night, the only thing that changes is who does what. Yet most nights we get complaining about how unfair it is and I usually have to call them back in when they say they are done to really get it done. Last night Kenedy left the colander with some noodles in it on the counter and right next to it was a baggie with two leftover pieces of french bread and crammed on top of that more noodles with the baggies gaping open. You can bet she got called back in to fix that disaster. You would think after doing this for how many years the kids would get it and know how to clean up. Yet a couple of weeks ago I came home from Mutual to find the dishwasher left open and looking like this...
now how the heck does this mess work? Plates are crammed in and stuck together, the water bottle is sideways and still has the lid on it, cups are just thrown in. It reminded me of those detergent commercials where the kids would load the dishwasher making it look like a bomb went off and yet everything comes out sparkling clean. I can guarantee this mess if left to go through a cycle would not come out sparkling clean. I think an FHE lesson on loading a proper dishwasher is in order.