Sunday, September 6, 2009

California Adventures {part 6} Disneyland!

Even though we were so sad to leave the beach on Thursday we had some excitement because on Friday we got to go to Disneyland! One of the fun things we did while at the park was meet some of the characters. Now the last time we went, which was when Kenedy was about 4, meeting the characters meant they wandered around the park and when you saw them if you wanted you could go and gather around to meet them. Now they have a special area to meet the princesses and Micky and Minnie. It's a little strange but I guess it works out better?

We actually did meet the wicked Queen from Snow White out i the park. She was a wanderer. It was fun to walk by and suddenly see her. She had quite the attitude and was very condescending to everyone, very in character!

While I waited in the princess line Kefford took the kids to Toon Town to go on some rides, or so I thought. He took them through Minnie's house and then got stuck in a line to meet Minnie Mouse.

He is not sure how that happened but once they got in the line they kinda got stuck there. But the kids liked meeting her.

The same kind of thing happened at Mickey's house. They toured the house and then somehow got stuck again in a line to meet Mickey. The kids liked this also and Mickey even gave Avynlea a kiss on her cheek! So cute!

Disneyland now has a special area set aside called the "Princess Faire". You wait in a line and then a family at a time gets to go in and meet some princesses. I told Kefford I would wait in the hour and a half long line so that he could take the kids on some rides. Well we all know how that turned out. The line actually took only about 45 minutes but once I got to the front I had to let people go ahead of me for 20 minutes because my family had not arrived yet. Finally they arrived and we ventured in. First we got to meet Mulan.

Then we got to see Ariel who is my favorite princess and my kids also.

The third and final princess ( I know only three, it felt kind of like a ripoff) Was Belle. She took a little bit more time then the others to talk to the kids.

She even got down on their level and gave Rylee a hug. It was really cute.
I am glad the kids got to see some of the Disney characters. It was fun to see how excited they were and to still hear them talk about it!