Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Elder Uchtdorf and Powder Puff

Yardley posted online about getting material to make a quilt for her Mom and I responded saying I didn't know she quilted and that I was in the middle of finishing a couple of quilts. We had a good conversation about quilting and she sent me some pictures of ones she had done. I had Kenedy and Ty send me a picture of the quilt I made them for their wedding so I could send it to Yardley. I didn't take one before I gave it to them and so I am glad I now have a picture of it, it was a lot of hard work and took me a long time to make, I am pretty proud of it.

I got a Halloween one finished and I took a picture of the quilt top before I took it in to be quilted. I like it and I was pleasantly surprised to figure out halfway through working on it that some of the fabric was glow in the dark...pretty fun!

On Saturday Kefford was heading out to Emmett when he passed his Dad who was driving home.  Kefford called him to find out what he was doing and Bob said he had a couple of Sealings that he did that morning. He also mentioned that word in the Temple was that Elder Uchtdorf was supposed to be popping in for a quick visit at about 3:00. He called to tell me and we decided to make appointments for Inititories at that time and try to "accidentally" run into him. I also made an appointment for Rylee to do baptisms she was working but would be done in time to meet us at 3:00. I decided not to do inititories and just be with Rylee in the Baptistry while Kefford still did his inititories. Kefford got done before Rylee and met us down in the baptistry. I had heard a couple people who just arrived saying they met Elder Uchtdorf upstairs while I was waiting for Rylee to get changed and I figured we missed seeing him, it was a bummer but not a big deal. After we were done we headed out and Rylee got in her car and drove off, Kefford and I saw a car suspiciously parked outside the Temple and so we decided Elder Uchtdorf must still be inside and opted to wait for a bit. Kefford went to talk to the driver who confirmed that he was indeed waiting for a VIP and a couple of minutes after Kefford talked with him and sat down by me I saw Elder Uchtdorf walking out the Temple doors. I snapped some secret photos and then we walked over to him to say hi and shake his hand. it was very brief and I was too shy to ask for a photo with him but it was cool to talk to him and meet him in person. I wish we would have thought to have had Rylee stick around but its ok she wasn't bugged about missing out. 


On Tuesday Rylee had her Powder puff game. The juniors played the Seniors and did a good job holding their own but unfortunately the Seniors beat them, not by a lot though. It was fun to watch Rylee play and I thought she did a good job defending and being a part of the nation when she was playing. She got a Batman symbol on her bicep which she was pretty proud of.