Monday, June 12, 2023

Elder Peterson Week 91

Well, as I predicted on Thursday, there isn't a whole lot to report for the past couple of days.


We've had another lesson with Mary Ann, Donnie, and Danny each and they were good lessons. We have a better understanding of their individual needs now. Danny and Donnie are still having a really hard time remembering things. They're reading and praying every day though, so their blessings will come. They continue to express that they want to remember, but it's just taking time. Donnie is already almost done with 2 Nephi, he's cruising. Mary Ann has committed to read it every day and to come to church this next week. This weekend was stake conference, so she felt too nervous bringing her daughter with her into a new crowd as large as that one was. What's crazy is that the amount of people that showed up to stake conference is probably around the same amount of people that attend a normal Sunday service at my home ward. The stake building here is also identical to the building I went to back home. It was a weird feeling. Especially once I realized that I'll be back in my home building in less than 2 months. Anyway... Stake Conference was great. Elder Perkins of the Seventy came and taught some really great stuff. The Adult Session was focused on the temple and I noticed in both sessions the theme of putting forth effort in our own gospel lives. Kind of like I mentioned on Thursday, that we should not expect to live passively in the Gospel. You are in or you are out. I thought of some ways I can deepen my conversion and conviction to follow Christ. One thing I've thought about is my prayers and how I can make them more meaningful and less repetitious. 

Like I said, I don't have a whole lot to share this time. I also don't have enough energy to rant like I did last time. So I'll end it here. Transfers is on Thursday and I will most likely be getting a new companion. You'll hear from me again next Monday. Have a good week!

-Elder Peterson