Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Princess on the Run

Rylee expressed an interest in taking a Drama class and I told her as soon as Basketball season was over that we could look into signing her up for a class. I found a class through a friend in our Ward who teaches Drama classes at a local Drama school and signed Rylee up for a three day tester class. Basically the class gives them a taste of the Theater and Rylee loved it. She was recommended to jump straight to an intermediate acting class and after talking it over with her and that this was what she really wanted to do I signed her up for a 12 week intermediate acting class. During the 12 weeks the kids wrote their own play, cast it amongst themselves and rehearsed. 
I kept trying to get Rylee to tell me something about the play and her part in it but she would not tell me a thing. Little stinker!
At the end of the 12 weeks we were invited to go and watch the pay. I invited Brit and her family because she likes to go to plays with me and Rylee was excited to have her Cousins come and watch. 
I went to watch her performance with the expectation that Rylee was going to be visibly nervous, that she would be giggly throughout her performance and or that she would forget some lines. I was pleasantly surprised when Rylee delivered an amazing performance as the star of the show. 
The basic plot was... Rylee was a Princes who wanted to teach little ones to read and write but the King forbade such learning. Rylee saw an advertisement for a school that needed a teacher and she decided to run away, pretend to be a peasant and get a job teaching. The kids did not like her at first but grew to love her and even discovered her Princess secret. When the King learned where she was he went to get her and take her home but the children did not want her to go, she was the best teacher they ever had. The King had a change of heart and allowed Rylee to continue teaching.
It was really cute and Rylee was top notch. I loved watching her and am glad she had so much fun in her class!