Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Easter

Easter weekend fell on Conference weekend again this year and I really like it because it helps to celebrate Easter the right way. Last year we were "Egg Attacked" when someone left an easter egg hunt on our front lawn. I thought it would be fun to pass the tradition on and I bought candy and eggs and had the kids fill them while we were watching conference on Saturday morning. We decided to "Egg Attack" my friend Courtney and her little family. I met Courtney teaching Dance at Elevated and I had her daughter Maddie in my class for a few years. Maddie and I got to be pretty close and I thought it would be fun to surprise them with an egg hunt on their lawn. In addition to Maddie who is 7 they have Kate who is 5 and Evan who is 1. The perfect ages for a surprise egg hunt.

Sunday morning after the kids found their baskets we loaded up and headed over to Courtney house. We were going to the Farm to watch Conference and celebrate Easter and their house was on the way. I videoed the kids while they put out the eggs and Kefford stayed in the getaway car. We had so much fun performing this service and I hope Courtney's family enjoyed the surprise.

I made my Lutes Family traditional Easter Bunny Cake and we took it to the farm to share.
Alison printed off some "Conference Packets" for the kids to do while we watched conference and one of the pages had paper dolls for the kids to color and cut out. Rylee was really cute playing with her cousins, Maddie and Sadie, with the paper dolls under the table. My kids sure love being with their Cousins. 
Later that week Rylee and Avynlea enjoyed the sunshine while playing out on the trampoline.