Sunday, September 18, 2022

Senior Parking Spot

For a small fee the Seniors have the opportunity to rent a parking spot and once they pay they get to paint it, with prior approval, any design they come up with. I was so excited for this and so happy that Avynlea wanted to do it. She found a Curious George design she wanted online, submitted her design, got approval and the we bought paint at Sherwin Williams. I didn't know if it would work but while we were buying the paint I mentioned my brother-in-law Andrew who works for a different Sherwin Williams location and the guy helping us gave me Andrews discount which was 40% off! I was super excited because paint is not cheap and that discount was a big one. We were ready to paint on September 11 which was Senior Parking Spot painting day but that morning we got notice that it had top be rescheduled because the air quality was bad. I was super disappointed because I was so excited for this but they rescheduled it for the next Saturday so the was ok. 

The Seniors had Senior Sunrise the morning of the 18th where they go early in the morning before dawn gather together on the field and watch the sunrise. Avynlea got these pictures of Hannah, Katie and her right after watching the sunrise.


Later that morning Kefford, Rylee, and I got the the High School to meet up with Avynlea and get to work. Kefford helped tape the border and then he and Avynlea both worked on the background. Once the background was painted we had to let it dry and then Avynlea sketched out George in chalk while Kefford and I traced out the balloons. Once we were happy with the sketch we got to work painting. Kefford, Rylee and I worked on painting the balloons and Avynlea worked on George. After a while I didn't have any more balloons to paint so I helped Avynlea paint some of George. I was super impressed with her sketching abilities, she freehanded her sketch of Curious George and he looked so good.







It took a lot longer to paint then I was expecting and at about noon Rylee and I left and got McDonalds to bring back to eat.Once we were finally done we took some pictures and then left. Avynlea's friend Katie had the spot next to her so it was fun to visit with Katie and her Mom Jackie while we were working. 
The next day Avynlea wanted to go back and redo her name, she didn't like the first version. In the early evening she and Rylee headed back so Avynlea could repaint her name. Amy and Paige were there working on Paige's spot so Avynlea and Rylee helped them for a bit. I drove over after a little while to visit with Amy, see all of the completed spots and take some pictures for Avynlea. I love the completed version and think it is just so cute and perfectly Avynlea.




Paige took a picture in front of Avynlea and Katies spots.

Diego, Paige and Amy working o Paige's paring spot with help from Rylee and Avynlea.